GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Back so soon??

Is it possible I have more to say already? Well. I'm trying to make this a regular thing.. Just humor me. So I know you're wondering..did you do your core exercises yesterday? Yes, I did! A 5 minute L-sit..because what better way to improve on your L-sit than to..L-sit!? Exactly. In other exciting news from yesterday, I broke out the ol bike trainer and hooked the boys up to the back of my mt bike! Last time I used that was last summer when I was pregnant and, somehow, riding that up to pick Mason up from school when it was too hot to think about walking made perfect sense. And by 'pregnant', I'm talking, like 9mo super pregnant.. Like, my son's teacher still talks about it.. "I couldn't believe you were out there pulling him around on your bike.." yeah, yeah.. We all know I'm a little nuts. It's ok. At least Mason thinks I'm cool..most of the time. Miles, on the other hand, does not seem to be so sure. He often looks at me with this mix of confusion and concern. Can't say that's the first time I've seen that look..probably won't be the last.. But anyway. It was fun. Miles was smiling and Mason was PSYCHED. I think it was his dream come true. He was jumping around, fist pumping..just beaming when he saw he was going to get to ride in the "chariot" with his baby bro. So. Go us! Good times. It was hot, though. I was dripping sweat just getting the tires all pumped and the thing hooked up. I'm sure I looked awesome picking Mason up. I don't think I'm ever going to be one of those moms you see all put together picking their kids up from where ever.. I'll probably always be sweaty and embarrassing. At least I'm getting them used to it from a young age, right? You're welcome, boys.. Alright, then. So my workout today.. Strength was a little lighter, as far as quantity, but a good time to think about good form. Went a little something like: power snatch: 3 at 75#, 3 at 80#, and 3 sets of 3 at 85#. Then power clean and jerk: 3 at 90#, 3 at 100#, and 3 sets of 3 at 105#. I did some weighted back extensions with a 25# wt, just for good measure.. Have I mentioned I have no core? A core is a good thing to have when picking up heavy things.. So I'm working on it! The workout was fast and furious.. 2 min max effort(ME) calorie row (it's a setting on the rowing machine..instead of distance, it tells you how many calories you 'burn'), I am not great on the rower, so I got 33 calories. Next I got a WHOLE minute to rest before starting a 4min AMRAP (as many reps/rounds as possible) of 24" box jumps(10), and toes to bar(TTB)(15). I got through 3 rounds + 5 box jumps. I was then supposed to rest another minute, but I sometimes miss these things when I read the workout, so I just went right in to my next 4min AMRAP, which was 10 Burpees and 15 wall balls with a 20# ball (women usually are given a 14# ball).. I only got through 2 rounds + 5 Burpees on that one. Then back to the rower for 2 more minutes..30 calories that time. Done with that! Last, but not least.. 50 handstand pushups (HSPU). That took me 5:15 to complete.. We had to alternate 'strict' and 'kipping'.. I won't bore any non- crossfitters that may ever stumble across this with the details of what that means. Overall. The workout went well. I didn't do any other workout today, other than my 6min of planking.. Usually I try to do something..either swim, bike, or run..but Mason didn't have swim lessons (which I usually swim laps during) today and it was super hot, so didn't want to take the boys out for anything..so we'll call it a taper for that sprint race I'm most likely doing this sat? Not much else for today.. Taught a gymnastics class..that's about it! AND. That's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment