GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Friday, October 29, 2010

October...rest???

So here's October. I initially played around with the idea of taking on a January marathon, but after deciding to go for a FULL Ironman (distance...it's not an IM brand race, but still the same distance. So..same race, but cheaper & easier to get in to) next season (??!! Yikes!)...I thought maybe a little 'rest' would be good. Which, to me...my idea of rest just means that I don't really have a 'set' plan or obligations to anything... But a part of this rest included starting p90x with Matt!! If you don't know what p90x is, it's a pretty intense strength program that you do at home with the DVD's. We're 2 weeks in now & it's going well! I'm still doing some sort of cardio... swimming, spin, run...every day along with the strength workouts, just not as long as I normally would. So far I'm enjoying it & feel stronger already! All a part of my plan to be 'leaner & meaner' to take on the IM (distance)! Now rewind a few weeks...I did the 'Hilly Hundred' back in the start of October.. This was a lot of fun...but if I'm being honest..I was a bit disappointed in the ride.. I thought it would be tougher! But there were some good hills & good times with some good friends..so it was...GOOD! It's the last weekend of October now.. We're heading to Baltimore to enjoy a visit with the in-laws and some fun at the Halloween party! I'm super sore at the moment..probably from a combo platter of swim, yoga, legs/back workout & a tough spin to sprint workout this morning (not all of that was today...I guess that was just yesterday & today, though..). But I'll rest up tomorrow, hopefully run on sunday.. I'm doing a 15k run up in Chicago the next weekend..probably at least 1 other run in November...so Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment