GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ketchup

Hey! Been a while, so I thought I'd attempt to pick this blog thing back up again.. so looks like my last post talked about taking a break from 'training' (aka: following a specific day to day plan for workouts) & doing p90x. I did finish p90x & enjoyed it..lots of good strength stuff AND, added bonus, it turned me in to a fan of yoga?! I avoided yoga forever b/c I thought I was too 'active' to get in to it...but it's tough stuff & I still make sure to include some yoga about once a week after my long runs.. Over the past months, I've been doing lots of different kinds of workouts..zumba, piloxing, pilates, yoga, ballet, soccer..along with the usual swim/bike/run. I started back up with a training plan for the season starting in January. First up on the agenda for this season is going to be a marathon on May 1..the Flying Pig in Cincinnati. I'm working hard on my pace/speed work, as well as the long slow distance work on the weekends..all in hopes to make my base/comfortable pace a little faster than it was before.. so far so good! I guess I'm 2 months in to my run training & 2 months 'til the marathon. I've been playing soccer in an adult league with some tri training buddies as a way to do some different speed/run work while having fun! (& getting our tails beat...). I'm actually currently exhausted from a long week/travel down to New Orleans for a crazy trail relay that I found & managed to talk some friends into joining me for (more on that in a minute), but overall, I'm enjoying my training & looking forward to warmer weather for outdoor training..& getting going on the season! Which, speaking of... this season I have a few different events up my sleeve. I figure since it's going to be a long, intense season building up to the full Ironman race in September, so I need to keep things interesting. Sor 1st, as I said, is the marathon (nothing too exciting there, but I AM looking forward to it..), next probably a little warm-up tri, then I've signed up for a century ride up in the mountains on Michigan, we're also planning on a 5k swim (??!!?) in June, the RAIN ride (160mi bike ride across Indiana), a couple half Ironman's (IronMEN??)...& then the 'big finish' at Rev 3 in Ohio! I'll try to keep this updated on how things are going w/ all of this..

No comments:

Post a Comment