GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Saturday, March 6, 2010

I'm FREE!!!

Woo Hoo!! We got outside on our bikes today for the 1st time this season...and though it was only about 30 degrees when we started, it felt GREAT! It's been a long, cold winter of indoor cycling, and there's just not much (that I can think of at the moment) better than getting back on the road. Our trusty tri team met up at 8am today and the group I rode with made it 9 miles on the bike in about 30 minutes (not super fast, but OK for our 1st time out in a while), and then my teammate, Ashley, and I ran a lovely, leisurely 9 miles after! I must say... I love tri training! I do. I really do. And having a team to get out there with (and to help justify riding your bike in 30 degree weather!) helps so much. So that's been my day here so far.

We got back after our long weekend in Playa Del Carmen, MX late on monday, so I kind of crammed a lot of training in to those shorter weeks. I did train while I was away (I know...most call that crazy, but it really was enjoyable), but not quite the same as I do when I'm home. I did get some great runs in on the beach, which is always a welcome change of pace. In fact, here's a little snapshot of what my morning runs looked like last week!

Pretty nice, huh... See, now I don't seem so crazy for wanting to get out to enjoy this scenery, right?? Anyway, it was a great time, but I did miss my little guy, Mason, whom we left at home with his Grandma Bucher. Aside from all the great training I got in this week, I must add that Mason had quite the accomplishment, too!... he's now a proud, official member of the 'no cavity club'! He made it, quite successfully, through his 1st dentist appointment

So that's been our week! All in all, I think it's going well. Fundraising is still going; it's stalled a little bit, but there's still time to donate, so never fear! The link is still at the top of the blog (aptly titled 'my fundraising page') if you want to add your donation. I still have my Tastefully Simple fundraiser going on...feel free to order on-line and add me as your host and your purchase will go towards the fundraiser. Also, if you're in the Indianapolis area and have little ones that like to run and climb and have lots of fun, we're having a Gymboree Playgym for LLS coming up on friday, 3/26 from 4-7:30pm and saturday, 3/27 from 2:30-6pm where donations will be collected, there will be items up for silent auction, food, games, fun, come join! So that's what's coming up with fundraising. I thank all of you so much for the support you have offered. I continue to think of my honored heroes and all of those suffering through treatments and rough times as I head out for my trainings, and it keeps me focused... My eyes are on the prize and every little bit that we all can do to raise money to help these folks helps so much, so thank you for joining me in this great cause!



No comments:

Post a Comment