GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wow, what a Wednesday!!

So a few weeks back while we were in the hospital with Mason when he got a scary case of croup, Matt's grandmother passed away... So tomorrow, we head to St. Louis for a couple days to spend time with family at her wake and funeral. SO, what this meant for my wednesday??...packing in about 2 days worth of training! We started the fun with a 5am track workout... Which I must mention was made MUCH more enjoyable by the company I had. I didn't think I'd get any takers on a tough, early speedwork run, but I thought I'd at least mention it to the Y tri team coach, Todd, and the team and see what would happen... Well, thanks to Todd and his crew and 1 of the team members, Sarah,...there were 8 of us out there before sun up going round and round (and round and round again..) the middle school track! I felt really good the whole way. It was a 12 x 800's workout, which I figured I'd execute on 5min intervals (run in 4min or under and rest 1 min between sets)... and I'm happy to report that I did each set at about 3:45's and finished my last set in about 3:30! So that was fun. Given that we're going to be gone a few days and I had the long trainings and some work to do, we decided to have Mason go to Miss Debbie's (day care providers house) for the day, which he was plenty happy about!... So I took him over there and then headed off to my next part of today's training... an hr long strength training class. I did fine and it was good. My legs were a bit sore, but all in all, so far so good... So head home for a bit of a rest and lunch, and then off for a 40+ mi bike ride! It was a gorgeous day... I was probably a little slower than my usual pace since I was a little sore and tired, but I made it! So now...rest... I do plan to do a swim workout and maybe a little bike before we head out tomorrow, but after that, rest for about a day and a half! And as much as funerals aren't ever exactly 'fun', it'll be a nice chance to get together with family and celebrate the long, happy life that Dolores Blunck lived. She will be missed, as all of the family held her in high regard as the matriarch of the family... May she rest in peace as she joins her husband that passed many years before her.

No comments:

Post a Comment