GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Post IM Playtime!

Just wanted to write a quick bit about how recovery is going.. Of coarse, most of my recovery came last wk while I relaxed in Mexico..and when I say 'relax'.. I mean.. I took FULL advantage of the small, all-inclusive resort we stayed at.. Let's just say, the big 'move' of the day was when we switched from laying by the beach...over to laying by the pool.. And that move was fueled by the desire to be closer to the swim-up bar. As I said in the last post, I did decide to start moving around a bit by mid-wk last wk..short swims & jogs, but really..last week was VERY relaxed. So here we are, 2nd wk after the IM & I am having a blast! I really enjoy training, whether it's for a marathon, long triathlon.. I love it all. I love having a plan & knocking out the workouts 1 by 1.. but.. since I'm on a bit of a break from it all until I decide whether to tackle a winter marathon or not, I'm just playing around & having so much fun with it! During training, I had fun doing what that called for & didn't miss the other classes & things, but right now, I'm doing all sorts of random classes & my muscles are screaming at me to stop...but it's just too fun! So far this week.. on monday I did a 'strength and endurance' class, which was mostly push-ups, push-ups...and a few more push-ups for good measure.. I was shaking by the end, but had a huge smile on my face! I think that's all I did on monday.. Tuesday am I hit the pool...it felt great! I did a fave workout of mine, which is to do 400, 300, 200, 100, alternating each set with swim/pull/kick/stroke, then you repeat the whole set again (I only had time for 2 sets this time, but I'd do 3 or 4 if I had time) switching the order around so you do different distances of each thing each time.. anyway.. I'm not a swimmer, so I don't know the 'lingo' & that probably makes no sense, but it's a nice way to mix things up in the pool.. So I did that workout..then got to try out this TRX workout?..oh, man.. I LOVED that.. you use these pulley/band things that hang from the rafters, so you use balance/core along w/ strength moves..really great workout! So then it was home to rest.. I had gymnastics classes to teach that evening, but then I stopped up at the zumba class & re-discovered my love for that workout..it's really fun.. If you have any desire to dance around, cut loose & just enjoy a workout.. zumba is really great for that. Then this morning, I thought it would be good for me to run, but I wanted to have fun with it.. so I got out the ol' jogging stroller, which Mason was PSYCHED about!..we cruised around the 'hood for a bit w/ our tunes playing along (this stroller has a thing to plug your ipod in & it plays out of speakers..I thought Mason would enjoy the ride a little more if he had his tunes to bop around to.. I was right!), then we went to a big open field & I got Mason out of the stroller, took my shoes off & we ran around in the grass for a bit! It was great.. Mason loved it & I got a chance to switch up the run a bit.. All said, the run was about 45 minutes, but it was fun! Not sure what the rest of the week will hold yet.. probably some more classes & fun.. maybe a bike ride or 2..probably another run b/c I need to keep the run up if I'm going to do that marathon in a couple months.. but mostly.. FUN. A different fun, that is.. I think it's important to switch things up a bit & keep it fresh.. and MAN are my muscles feeling it! Anyway.. so that's what week 2 of recovery from IM looks like for this gal!

No comments:

Post a Comment