GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rain Run!

See..when you give something a fun name..you skew the odds ever so slightly in your favor that less folks will think what you're doing is nuts.. I'm well aware that most people find some of my workout choices to be odd, at best.. but I really do enjoy what I do. So this week finishes off w/ what I now call...a 'rain run'.. Nothing fancy about it, just exactly as it sounds.. It's been lightly raining all day..and was going to continue to do so all day.. all day, that is, until the drizzle is supposed to turn into lightning storms this evening (as you can learn from a previous post.. this gal doesn't do lightning runs..that is not a 'thing' I currently partake it). SO, given that I'm 2 wks out from my race, legs are feeling fresh & I was couped up all day babysitting (another gal's kids.. Mason was actually asleep for most of that time.. meaning I did NOT get my usual nap on this rainy, nap-perfect day!).. I just couldn't let a little rain hold me back from getting a run in. I actually had hoped to go for a longer run today..so I did adjust a little.. but I still wanted to get a run in. Helpful hint for those now thinking.. "Rain run..why haven't I been on a 'rain run'..that sounds lovely!".. old tri shoes make great shoes for a rain run! My old Zoot's have these great drains in the bottom of the shoe.. perfect for a rainy day! Now.. I know what you & probably most of the folks that drove past me while I was out there today are thinking..doesn't she know they make treadmills? I am aware.. I have one in my basement, matter of fact.. But I'm not ready to surrender to the 'mill just yet. I know winter is coming..& winter means ice.. I will do 'snow globe runs', which are also quite lovely.. But ice skating on patchy ice in running shoes is a bad idea at best.. So I know my treadmill days are coming..it just isn't today. So anyway, long story short, I went out for a nice, little run on this wet, wet, wet day...& it was great! Rest of the week was a couple more classes..zumba, turbo kick.. I did get a couple rides in & that felt good.. I missed my bike! I'm actually looking to take my show to the trails in the next week or so.. I'm doing a 15k trail run in a couple weeks.. This next weekend I'm running a 5mi run at a local winery, so that should be fun.. So I'm feeling good & definitely enjoying my 'play time'! & I highly recommend running in the rain (maybe not a pouring, driving rain..but a nice drizzle)..you feel like a kid! Just runnin 'cause ya wanna..nothing better!

No comments:

Post a Comment