GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Taper-ish

Let me try to re-cap a bit.. Not sure why, but I wasn't feeling the urge to write for a few days.. Sleep always won! But I've had a good past few days of working out, which has included a little more rest than usual! I might have to reconsider my thoughts on taking Sundays a bit easier after feeling so much better this Monday.. I used to make Sundays a 'no picking up heavy things' day and would just run or row.. But somewhere along the line, I made Sundays my 'do all the things!' Day..which has been fine, mostly, and I often feel quite accomplished after those days.. But I can't deny that I've had some rough Mondays where I 'lacked pep' and wound up not doing great on my lifts, which has been snatches lately.. Not exactly a lift you want to approach sluggish-ly.. So anyway. Here was Friday:
Hang power snatch: sets of 3 @ 85/95/105/115
Strict press: sets of 3 @ 105/110/110/115
Snatch high pulls @145#/ weighted Back extensions (35#)
Workout:
20 min EMOTM
Evens: 10 DL @ 185#
Odds: 10 wallballs and 30 du

I made all 20 rounds of these.. It wasn't exactly easy, but my rounds were all fairly similar.. I maintained unbroken sets of Deadlifts, until the last couple of rounds, and each of those sets took about :20s. The wallballs/du rounds were mostly unbroken (I think I tripped up on the rope once?) and each took about :45s. Not too bad..enough rest in there to stay consistent, so I was happy with it. I went back in to the gym Friday evening to tackle my old friend, granite games workout of cleans and muscle ups.. It went pretty well. Cleans felt good. I had a couple misses on my last MU of the round, which wasted some time, and I finished up the same as last time.. A couple muscle ups short of the workout. It will be close, come game time. I'll either be feeling good and pushed on by the pressure of the competition and be able to finish in time.. Or I may come just a little short.. Either way, I know I will give it my all and I have practiced as best I can.. So I just have to go execute. I rounded out my day with 10 rounds of EMOTM :15 mt climbers and 100m sprint. Each round finished right at :30-:31.. Pretty consistent!
Saturday I went in early and was solo for a lot of my workout.. Not complaining.. I'm used to working out solo, but it was a little different.. I started with:
OHS: sets of 3 @ 135/150/160
Snatch balance: sets of 3 @ 85/95/105/115
Snatch press: sets of 8 @ 55#/ weighted GH raises (18#)
Workout:
3 rounds
10 jerks (125)
10 squats (125)
10 bar MU
200' sled push (180#)
This took me 14:44 to complete and it was all sled push for me.. My sets of 10 were all unbroken and went pretty well..but those dang sled pushes got me, once again! I joined in with weightlifting class to work on snatch positioning, but then I cleaned myself up and headed out to watch some friends compete in a local competition! It was fun to go watch without any pressures of competing.. And my friends wound up winning! Always a good time.. So that was Saturday..
As I mentioned, Mike had encouraged me to take Sunday a little easier and just run a couple easy miles, so that is what I did and I felt pretty good. I did lots of stretching and mobility and what-not, so heading in to the week feeling pretty darn good!
It paid off because Monday went really well.. It was:
Hang snatch from below the knee: sets of 4/3 @ 85/95/110/120
Squats: sets of 3 @ 175/200/210 and a set of 2 @ 225#
Lunges: sets of 4(each leg) @125#/4 sets of 20 GHDs
EMOTM snatch: 3 each min x 4min @ 110#/2 each min x 4min @125#/1 each min x 4min @140#
Workout:
12 min AMRAP
2 strict MU
4 hang cleans (115#)
8 oh walking lunges (115#)
30' handstand walk
I completed 3 full rounds plus 2 MU and 4 snatches into the 4th round. It went alright.. Lots of breath holding, so felt pretty winded, but overall, things moved and felt pretty good.
Finally.. Today.. Shorter day of workouts, so it was:
Hang power cleans from below the knee: sets of 3 @115/125/135
Push press: sets of 2 @135/145/145/155#
GM: sets of 10 @75-85#/depth jumps
Workout:
4 rounds
8 bar MU
12 push press (95#)
16 box jumps (24")
This took 9:27 and went pretty well. Everything was unbroken, except the last set of push press broke at 9.. Otherwise, I felt pretty good. Tomorrow I plan to do some practice things to get ready for the comp workouts.. And then it's go time!
In other news, I finally got my hair cut today! So I have that going for me..which is nice..

No comments:

Post a Comment