GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Monday, September 1, 2014

Miles is TWO!

Monday is off to a pretty good start.. I planned to get in to the gym a little early for today's comp stuff and the gyms partner workout for the day.. I actually hadn't seen this weeks workouts yet when I started off at the gym.. For some reason my phone didn't get the text.. So I started with some 1 1/4 squats followed by a behind the neck jerk. I was rockin those out at 105/115/125/135/145/155 when JD came in and asked if I was going to do the comp workout stuff and forwarded it to me.. I hate being behind or missing a workout, so I just started on on the days work.. It was:
Squats: a set of 3@175, 3@200, 3(3@210#).. Those were feeling good, so off to a good start!
Snatch from above the knee:sets of 3@85/95/110 and 2(2@120). All good there, too
Weighted front rack step ups(20"): 2 sets of 8(each leg) @65# and 2 sets of 8 @75#. These were tough and I'm already feelin it in my 'buns of steel', but the tougher part for me was just holding that bar in the front rack so much.. But overall, good stuff.. And finally, 4x10 weighted GHDs (14#)

JD was ready to do the partner workout at this point, so I put the rest of the comp stuff on hold for a bit and got to work..
20 min partner AMRAP (1 person works at a time)
1000m row (we did rounds of 250m to try to keep the pace up)
100 abmats (25 at a time)
75 wallballs (both used the 20# ball and did sets of 20/15)
50 pull-ups (25/25 unbroken)
25 HSPU (13/12)

We got through 1 round and then through some of the wallballs (no idea how many he did..10-ish?). We didn't exactly sprint..maybe should have gone a little faster? But we moved the whole time and it was a good workout..
Then I got back to work on the competition workout stuff.. Next up was doing a full snatch and a hang snatch every :30s for 8 min..ouch! This was tough.. Not so much because of the weight.. I did 110#, which is 70% of my max, and didn't have any misses.. But it was just hard to keep picking the weight back up so quick and holding on to the bar.. My hands are a little tender, so that didn't help.. It was good, for sure, but definitely tough.
Finally, the workout..
10 min AMRAP
10 alt single arm full snatch (45# dumbbell)
12 TTB's
14 box jump overs (24")

I got through 3 rounds.. Not amazing, but those snatches with the full squat added in were tough! I had gotten better at the regular single arm snatches, so I guess we needed to come up with something to make me awkward and slow again? Well, that did the trick! The rest of the workout was fine..just figuring out the dumbbell work. And that was it! By this point I was a sweaty mess and needed to get home to see my big two year old! I had started the day off by peeking in on him in his bed..and of coarse he woke up! He was super sweet and we spent a little time snuggling..then got him set up in my spot in bed with his dad. When I got home we had some donuts ready for Miles, which is his favorite.. He actually just grabbed the whole box and said 'thank you!' And took off for the table! At least he said thank you? Then I gave him a couple presents, just to get things rolling.. Then got to work on his Henry Hugglemonster cake! Now a bit of a rest before the official birthday fun begins.. So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment