GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Race Weekend!

Well...it was another successful weekend of racing. Mason and 1 ran a small 5k that was run by a church near our house in effort to raise money for kidney transplant/donors...which is always a good cause.. So we ran that race....and both won our age groups! Ha ha... I was the 1st female to cross the 'big finish' with only 1 guy and 1 kid (yes, kid...he passed me at about the 1/2 way and stuck right in front of me the rest of the way.. I just didn't have the heart to get competetive with a 13 yr old...especially at a church event!) in front of me. And Mason was right with me in his stroller with no one his age in sight! So that was a nice saturday morning.. My coach had recommended we do a short 'brick' that day, so I did a little bike ride prior to the run.. So that was a nice little warm up day to our 1st tri of the season, which was the next day (sunday). Most of our tri team went to do the Carmel Sprint Triathlon this morning... It was BRISK!! To say the least.. The swim was indoors in an amazing high school pool.. Then it was a chilly jog to get on our bikes, just a 10 mi bike and then off for the 5k run! I did well... I actually wound up getting 2nd (or 3rd.. .not sure...it said 2nd on the results at the race, but on-line says 3rd... either way, I'm OK w/ it) in my age group. As it turns out, if I'm ever going to really be up there in the ranks.. I'm going to have to start caring about those darn transitions! I always view them as "oh, what's a few seconds for taking my time getting shoes, socks, etc (and chatting a bit w/ folks around me)" But...from looking at the results...it makes a difference. SO. I don't know... I guess I'll start thinking about it more. But at least I know my actual events (the swim, bike and run) are going well.. I did a 7 min mile average on the run! I think that may be a PR even when I have fresh legs! So that's kinda cool. I like to see improvement! So that was that. 1st tri of the season down... Next up is either an olympic distance in Bloomington (back to those hills!) in early June, or maybe a mid-range distance (just short of olympic) in Terre Haute at the end of May. As usual...I'm itchin' for that next race, so I'll more than likely go for the earlier date. But, again... I'd say this season is off to a good start! My wonderful husband and Mason were there, of coarse, to witness it all... And Matt took some stunning video that I'll try to edit and add something from it.. either pics or video.. so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment