GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Monday, November 7, 2011

Sometimes it's good to just Cheer!

This weekend was a bit lighter on running & workouts.. at least for me.. I'm still trying to run regularly b/c I do believe in 'muscle memory'.. so I had to settle for a treadmill hill workout on thursday.. after my swim & crossfit, of coarse.. Friday was my usual swim & zumba, but this time I added an extra crossfit in there for good measure! Saturday...this is where I felt like things were ''light', but I'd say it was a much needed break, of sorts.. Saturday I just did a short spin on my trainer, then it was Monumental Marathon weekend & I knew several folks running in it, so I mentioned to my son (my husband was working) that we could go cheer on the runners.. Well, I was actually ready to bail on the idea.. partly because we had been so 'on the go' the past couple days I felt like just sitting might be nice.. partly because I get nervous about where to park, etc.. But Mason wasn't to be swayed.. he insisted we go to cheer.. so off we went! I actually found my spot pretty easily & parking wasn't too bad.. not at 1st anyway.. I guess my biggest reason for going out to cheer is that, being a runner myself, I know how much it helps to have people out there cheering.. something to bring a smile.. So I actually positioned myself on purpose right toward the end.. We were at mi 11 for the 1/2 and mi 24 for the full. Even though we missed most of the people that I knew, I still had fun cheering and definitely saw the gratitude of the runners.. especially when Mason was cheering them on & giving high fives.. I know how much that can give a little boost that far in to a run, so we were happy to help in our small little way! So that was fun.. then a little later that afternoon, after some food & a rest, I took just a small, maybe 3 or 4mi run through the neighborhood.. it was just too nice a day to pass up! Then sunday I planned to meet with a group of gals to run some trail miles out at Ft. Ben.. that was a lot of fun! Just did about 9mi, so not too long.. need to go longer next weekend to keep getting ready for that marathon, but it felt good & I'm really having fun running those trails with all my new trail-minded friends..so good stuff! and that was that. Nothing too exciting on deck for this week. More of the same, except I actually have to work a bit more this week, so might be a little light on the workouts, but this weekend (my birthday!) is sure to be a doozey, so that might work out well. Better run.. my son wants me to go ride on his 'airplane', so duty calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment