GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Sunday, November 13, 2011

'bout 32k for my 32nd b-day

I actually have only a vague idea of what '32k' translates to in american (miles) & whether or not I ran that exact distance today.. but I think it was close.. & it was actually just a coincidence that we did that distance.. But anyway, it was another good weekend in the woods for me. Saturday morning, which was my actual birthday day, I went over to a local park to run in a 15k trail race. It was a great day for it & the race was a good one.. as far as trail runs go, I felt like this was a pretty easy one.. not too many tough hills.. no walking required.. Think I finished somewhere around 1:18. I pushed fairly hard, but felt good the whole way..good times! The rest of my birthday was spent w/ a little nap, some hanging w/ Mason & Matt.. had lunch, complete w/ gifts & cake.. which all Mason wanted to do was stick his finger in the cake!..what kid doesn't love that?? Then Matt & I actually had a date night planned, so we had a lovely, fancy dinner at the Capitol Grill downtown. Then sunday I had planned on another early, long run down in Brown County with Kim.. That's were I reckon we did around 32k.. I ran about 3 1/2 hrs & I'd guess (I don't wear a garmin these days..not really sure why..) we did around 18-19miles. I think the run went pretty well.. better than my last long, trail run as I realized...again.. that carrying food & water is a must for long trainings.. So equipped w/ my new camelbak & Gu's, I fared much better.. Knee is a little sore (not the one most recently operated on.. go figure) & I didn't manage to escape without at least 1 fall.. rolled my ankle & went down just as we were coming up to a creek crossing.. all it takes is just a second of taking my eyes off the ground below me & down I go!.. so my ankle is a little sore.. but nothing a little ice & meds can't handle! I'm starting to really look forward to this trail marathon.. just 3 weeks away! I'm already looking ahead at what my next race will be after this one.. we'll see! The rest of this week was pretty much 'business as usual'.. did a hill repeat workout at Eagle Creek on tuesday.. that was fun.. Did a couple short bricks on wed & thurs..some swimming.. can almost make the whole length of the pool w/ a functional fly!..still feels pretty gnarly, but I think it's coming.. Anyway, I think that's all I have to say about all of that for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment