GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

25 miles by 8am!

Well, I'm heading off on a little vacation this weekend...a trip to Mexico to see 2 of my great friends get married, which is exciting... But that also means a little extra training in the early part of the week to get ready for some lighter days while I'm out and about.. So I did a little impromptu backwards tri this morning...20 miles on an indoor bike, straight to 4 quick miles on the treadmill, then on to a mile in the pool. Good times! And to think, all of that and only moving 25 meters! Really makes me look forward to getting outdoors and getting to the 'real' training and racing. But for now, it'll have to do. The ol' bike is in the shop getting it's spring cleaning and hopefully this snow will clear out soon and let some sun and warmer stuff in. Last weekend we had a lovely, chilly, snowy run followed by a team breakfast where our honored heroes were able to join us! I must say, they were a bit overwhelmed by the 30+ of us that were there, but they smiled and nodded as they tried to learn our names... So great to have the chance to get to know them a bit more, as I'm sure there will be plenty more chances to get to know these 2 great kids as we go on with our training this season. After what is starting to feel like a long winter of bundling up to get out for runs, I'm definitely looking forward to the spring... Here we go March!!

No comments:

Post a Comment