GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow, snow, snow...

Well, it's snowing again, here in Indy. The snow and cold actually haven't held me back too much with my training so far... I've still gotten my runs in every weekend (NOT on the treadmill... Something about doing more than 40 minutes or so on the 'mill just isn't appealing to me anymore..). But the one thing that does bum me out is when the roads are too bad for me to safely get out for my practices or trainings. I went out early this morning to my 5am spin class without even thinking about the roads because all they had called for (last I had looked) was an inch of flurries over night... Well, about half way there I started thinking that it was a really bad idea for me to have gone that morning. Now, mind you, I still did make it to my class and I made it home safely...but it made me ponder a bit about my common sense. But anyway. All is well. I had a decent weekend of training... If anything, I'm having the strange issue of having too many training opportunities and not enough time to get them all in! I met up with my usual running group early on saturday to get 6 miles in... and then went back out to meet up with the tri team to run another 4! Then sunday I had a good swim workout and did my own indoor bike training. So that was that! We had a great valentines day weekend... Just made dinner and dessert (which Mason was a big fan of!) at home. It's low-key, but that's the way we roll these days!
The latest on the fundraising front... Donations have slowed down a bit, but there's still time to get in there and join me in my fight against blood cancer. My first deadline for meeting my goal is in April, so the more donations I can get in by then, the better. I am hosting a Tastefully Simple party where the more orders I receive, the more the company will donate to LLS... So if you haven't already gotten my emails on this, you can visit www.tastefullysimple.com to browse their products; then when you make your purchases and proceed to check out, there's a spot to 'search your host'...so look for my name there and add me as the host so any purchases you make go toward my total and will increase the amount that Tastefully Simple will donate. Or, if you prefer to just donate straight to me, the link is still at the top of the blog page and you can add your donation there. I still have a few ideas rolling around, but I'm really hoping to kick start the fundraising again. I greatly appreciate those that have already contributed and I appreciate all the support and well-wishes as my training has started to take off! Here's hoping I can continue to train hard through these darn winter snows...

No comments:

Post a Comment