GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Friday, February 5, 2010

What's a 1/2 Ironman??

It was brought to my attention that perhaps some folks don't know much about this race that I'm taking on... So maybe I'll share a little about it! Honestly... I don't know too much about the race just yet... Here's what I know for sure about what's going to go down on race day, July 31st... I'll be swimming in Lake Michigan (again...you she-devil of a lake, you... You won't get me this time!) for 1.2 miles, then heading out on what's sure to be a lovely, scenic and relaxing 56 mile bike ride, and then...because I have juuuust a bit left in the tank (I'm hoping), I'll take off on a 13.1 mile 'sprint' to the finish... Sounds good, right?? I'm sure there's still spots available, if you'd like to join me! If you want to check out the race info, the website is: http://www.steelheadtriathlon.com Luckily, I'll be trekking all these miles as a WELL prepared, well oiled, cancer fighting machine. The extra motivation of raising money for cancer patients and survivors, along with the push from my team and all my wonderful supporters will be just the thing I need to keep me going... Go Team!!

No comments:

Post a Comment