GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Thursday, February 4, 2010

another week of TNT!

So 3 TNT meetings down this week and NO tears this time!! A new TNT record for me... Probably because we were all 'business' this week, but I'm getting excited for our 1st official group training this saturday. And I'm very certain that I am in very capable hands.. We met our coach tonight and he talked for over 2 hrs on various race things...from fitting your bike, to planning your potty breaks on race day... And it took all of about 20 minutes for me to be singled out as the group nutrition expert.. I even already had a team member say she was going to email me for advise! Drummin up some business in the darndest of places.. It looks like it's going to be a long season, but I'm ready for it! To update on the fundraising... I've made my 1st grand, which is exciting. I also have some exciting plans that I hope come through... I'll be sure to keep you all posted on that! I'd like to take a moment to thank those that have already visited my site and been able to offer some support; Kathy G., Kathy P, Andrea, Beth L., Melissa (Aunt Lis!), Kain and Erin, the Fischers, Dan, Kim, April D., Amie, and Mom and Dad. I thank you all! And no worries, there's still time left to offer your support! My 1st deadline for fundraising is April, 7.

As I sit here thinking about all the training that lies ahead of me, I can't help but think of where I was this time last year...just deciding to take on the Mini marathon. Starting pretty much from scratch again with running after having Mason. I remember those 1st runs on the treadmill when I could barely do 2 or 3 miles at a 5 mile/hr pace... But I did that half marathon, then got the crazy idea to do 2 tris and a full marathon that season! And here I am... I just think it's so amazing what a person can do when they put their minds to it (I hope I can still say this in a few months!)... So here we go! And the new 'season' officially begins... Here are some pics of last years races:

Mason and I 'pre race at Eagle Creek Tri

heading off for the bike!
Chicago Tri...heading to my 'big finish'!
And this is me heading toward the finish line (it was around the corner..which means I couldn't see it yet, but I knew it was near..) at the marathon. It was 60 some degrees in November and was my warmest race ALL season!.. Go figure.. Just goes to show, you NEVER know what to expect on race day.


No comments:

Post a Comment