GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful

Of coarse, since we just passed Thanksgiving weekend, I want to recognize how much I'm thankful for.. It's been a few weeks since posting.. probably because there hasn't been a whole lot 'new' to mention.. I'm still getting my time in running in the woods.. & I'm still really enjoying it. We had an awesome weekend over Thanksgiving here, actually.. around high 50's/low 60's.. can't ask for much more than that in Nov in Indiana! But I believe we've officially left those pleasant temps behind (no this isn't going to turn into a weather forecast blog.. if you stumbled across it by googling 'most accurate weather forecast ever'.. I apologize..) because this week has brought us cold rain.. BUT.. for the marathon on saturday.. it's looking cold.. but not TOO bad.. and should be pretty dry.. maybe even some sun? So given that last yr, this race had to be altered due to snow, I'll take it! I have a slight cold at the moment.. it's thursday, though.. so I opted to make this a rest day & I'll do some moving around tomorrow.. but I really am trying to keep some fresh-ish legs for the race, so rest is a good thing! Especially since my legs, at the moment, are slightly less than fresh after my 3 days in a row of crossfit (actually.. more than that if you count the home 'WOD's' I did over the weekend.. and my 1st 'team WOD' last sat.. but anyway), a soccer game, and my usual bike/runs.. I think this rest today can do me some good. We had a great thanksgiving.. lots of visitors and great food.. I'd say I'm most thankful for my husband and son.. who, bless his little heart, has been dealing with some sickness here lately.. Poor thing had his 1st night of 'yuckies' (pukes) over the weekend & now he's down to just a cold.. but I'm maybe a bit overly concerned given our past issue with croup (NOT fun!! long story short.. we spent a night in the NICU about a yr & a half ago.. so not really wanting to risk it). I must also say that I'm really just thankful that I am healthy enough to do all these fun races and workouts that I do. There's been some folks in our TNT circle that have had reappearances of cancer, so I'm very humbled to know that my family and I have our health & I'm very aware that not everyone is able to do the things that I do. I'm very lucky to have all that I have & I will certainly be thinking of those that are fighting illnesses and struggling to get through each day while I cover that Tecumseh trail, step by step, this saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment