GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Sunday, October 23, 2011

marathon weekend completed

So I did it.. sore legs and all.. after the trail 1/2 on saturday, I hit the 42k Back on My Feet Relay with my friends sunday morning.. and it felt pretty good! I actually enjoyed the concept of running a 1/2 marathon this way quite a bit.. I was on a 2 person team w/ my speedy friend, Ashley, so we each did a 1/2 marathon, but the coarse was set up as 2.2mi loops, which we alternate back & forth until we were all done.. So, basically, we would run for about 17min, rest that same amount..repeat! I started off pretty strong (for me.. all relative) and kept fairly consistent throughout, though definitely felt it in the ol legs & slowed down a bit on the last couple loops.. but all in all, it was a good day! I really like the interval training & I think the 6 x 2.2mi intervals was a perfect way to train for a half marathon (which I'm not really training for.. just saying it's a good way to train for one.. or maybe I will run the 1/2 here in a couple weeks.. we'll see.. anyway)..push the pace a bit, rest, repeat.. Good stuff! As an extra bonus.. our team won the female 2 person team division! of coarse.. I have no idea how many teams we were against..but lets not worry ourselves w/ silly details like that. Hooray for Team 'It's Scrumpdiddilyuptious'! (or something like that) Our team was there with another team of our friends..they dressed as Oompa Loompas (& won the contest prize!!) & Ashley & I were Violet & Veruca.. unfortunately, true to my usual assumption that everyone else would see what I see when I make a costume (I spend a lot of time on Halloween explaining what I am.. my time as 'Miss Cleo' comes to mind.. or when I dressed as 'the long lost member of Run DMC'..it all makes great sense in my head.. and I'm always super surprised that no one else gets it.. Oh, well! Happy Halloween!!), no one really knew I was dressed up.. I guess they just thought I was super cute in my red skirt & shirt w/ a black shirt strategically placed to look like a belt & my knee high white socks.. I'm Veruca Salt, obviously??!! Ahh.. oh, well.. So alas.. we did not win any costume awards.. but I guess we have the other major award to fall back on for the day. So. compression socks on for the rest of the day & Advil to help dull the pain (in my legs.. WHEW are they sore! knees hurt a touch, too.. only down-ish side of today's relay is it's all concrete.. which isn't the best surface for runnin).. Hope I wake up ready to get back at it tomorrow! Another good week in the books..

No comments:

Post a Comment