GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Saturday, January 7, 2012

back to hill country!

Ah.. I really did miss all those crazy hills.. Today I went down south a bit to run a 10mi trail in Morgan Monroe State Forest with a new trail running bud! Always good to have more & more of those.. that way you have a better chance of talking someone in to joining you for a jog! It was a fantastic day for it, so that was great. I got off to a bit of a rocky start.. as is tradition with me & new trails, I like to get right in there & fall down! This time I rolled my ankle pretty good in about the 1st 15 steps of the run.. ya dummy.. It didn't really hurt during the run, but I must admit, she's a bit tender at the moment. Oh, well.. I'm icing & anti-inflammatory-ing this, too (in addition to my back, which also decided to make a return appearance today, though I didn't let THAT slow me down, either!), so hopefully I'll feel good enough for another great run tomorrow down in Brown County with MORE of my new trail running buddies. I'm not sure who all will be there, but I know I'm hitchin a ride with my fellow southside trailee, Brenna! Big bonus to not only have someone to run with (& she's pretty much always up for a run.. love that!), but to also be able to carpool! So as far as my run mileage this week.. it's up there, for me.. I think, all said, I'll be around 60miles for this week? I'm kinda proud, though, because not only can I actually say they were all quality runs.. they were also all different kinds of runs! we had the mile hill on the 'mill, the night-ice-road tempo, the cold rolling hill repeat, the speed-work 'mill, the 8mi rolling trail, the trail hill repeat (made it to 6 this time! even with the start/end being treacherously slick..), and then 2 (1 is yet, undone at this point, but I'm looking ahead to tomorrow already) long-ish, hilly trail runs to cap the week off! Good stuff. Now I'll have to use the ol' noggin to come up with some more varied types of runs for next week.. fartlek? mile repeats (ooof.. did I really just say that?)? maybe I can talk some of the fast road guys to let me tag along & chase 'em down for as long as I can hang.. that's always good for the ego. Not much else to report, I don't think. I've decided to take on the muscle up at crossfit this week.. If you don't crossfit, you probably won't know what the heck I'm talking about. If you do crossfit, you either feel my pain, or have already conquered the beast & think I'm a big weenie for not yet being able to figure it out.. But I'll stick with it & figure it out... eventually.. Always good to have something to work on! though there's plenty other things there I need to work on.. double unders, anyone?? sheesh! skipping rope, for heaven's sake.. should be such a joyous occasion! Instead, leaves me cursing & covered in whip marks. Lovely. Swimming was pretty much business as usual this week. I'm feeling pretty good about my swim, for right now, & am excited that my 100 pretty consistently comes in in the 1:30's.. which is fast-ish, for this 'adult-learning tri' swimmer.. but I'm sure I'm doomed to constantly chase the 'real' swimmers.. and I'm OK with that! I would also like to add that Mason is quite the little dancer these days! He loves his new wii kids dance game. He has a few songs/dances that he prefers & has those moves down pretty darn well! He's so funny with it.. thinks it's a race or something "I'm too fast for them"! Of coarse, the point is to stick WITH the dancers to get more points.. Oh, well! Pretty sure the point is also to have fun, so keep on keepin on, little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment