GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mile check!

I'm a lil behind on my recent goal to track my miles on here..go figure. So last weeks runs included: Monday was a 7mile trail run, Tuesday was..oh, shoot.. I think it was a short treadmill run & then I had a soccer game, I think I tallied it as 4 mi, wed was speed day, so only 2 mi, but we did tabata intervals, 2 rounds of 8 (20 seconds all out, 10 seconds recover), thurs was a 5 mi treadmill.. Lots of treadmill lately.. Ah, forget it.. It's all pretty boring treadmill stuff except for an attempted trail run on Sunday. I say attempted because the trail was a sheet of ice and pretty dangerous, though we still managed to hang in for a 2 hr run, so not all was lost. I think I counted a total of 40 miles for the week, along with my usual swims, bikes and crossfit workouts. Now into this week, I'mresting a bit more and cutting back the miles a touch, since I have that night marathon on Saturday! So far just a 4 mile varied treadmill run after a spin yesterday ( while watching the bachelor, of coarse), then today was a 1 mi hill challenge, again, after a short spin. I'm not quite sure why I've relied so much on the 'mills lately. I think it's because it's been so UGLY out! I mean, it's one thing to bundle up for a sunny, cold run, but add gloomy and rainy? Guess I'm getting soft in my old age.. Well. Here's hoping for good trail weather for Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment