GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Friday, February 10, 2012

And then Nausea joins the party..

If you haven't noticed, my 'training and racing' blog has morphed a bit.. but I guess that's what happens when the blogger's life takes a turn. Anyhow, this week has been pretty rough, since I feel like I could hurl at any moment pretty much all day every day. Lucky for me (and everyone else around me) I don't typically actually lose my cookies.. but that feeling is not exactly a great one to carry around with you all week. BUT. Life must go on. I mean, this should likely continue for at least another month, so it's not like I can sit in bed for a month eating saltines with a bucket next to me 'just in case'.. So I've been able to carry on pretty much 'as usual'. Only thing I opted out of was the soccer game that was another late one AND the hurl really was threatening to make an appearance.. Much like the ball to the face, I took that as a warning sign of what might be to come if I didn't heed the subtle signs to 'slow down and rest'. So I did. For the night. Otherwise, it's business as usual, though tapered down a bit.. My swims have been tougher than they should have been. I'm able to maintain speed fairly well (speed, of coarse, is very relative in my swim.. what is 'fast' for me is terribly slow to 'real' swimmers.. ), but it wipes me out so bad & I need more rest. So I feel like a wimp cutting the sets short to take longer rests.. and then letting my lane mates barely get to the wall only to have to take off again while I'm looking all rested and 'fresh as a daisy'.. But I gotta do what I know is best for me. So that's what I do. I've gotten my 3 swims in for the week, though I've had to go on days where I have to leave early to get home to do the 'tag team' thing with Matt.. (tag.. you go to work, I hang w/ Mason 'til I have to go to 'work', then you pick him up.. etc.. Make it work, right, folks!).. But the shorter workouts (45-50min) has actually been a good thing for me right now, given my exhausted state and all. I've had 2 trainer rides thus far and plan on 1 more this weekend. As of this moment on friday morning, I've only gotten 7 running miles in thus far, but I will get 3 in at some point today, then I have my TNT run tomorrow am, which I plan to get about 4 miles there and then head over to the trails at Eagle Creek to meet with my trail running buddies to get a few more in.. So I think my 20mi/wk goal will remain in tact. With the removal of soccer on tuesdays as a run day, I'm going to have to work a bit to keep up the running without over-doing things. I really need to find myself a rest day some how.. Why is this so hard for me? I'll figure it out somehow. So I guess that's my next goal.. find me some rest while still getting in the workouts that I want to get in! Crossfit has continued as well.. Nothing too exciting for me to report there. I still am doing fine on most of the 'movements' and haven't had to adjust too much.. just less heavy lifting (no max efforts), but all body wt stuff, I'm good to go! How big do you think I'll have to be before I give up pull-ups and handstand push-ups? Maybe we'll take bets on that.. let's make this thing fun! Not that growing a baby and adding to the family isn't 'fun'.. but 10 months (yes, 10) is a long time.. gotta keep things interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment