GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Falling apart

I'm feeling like the wheels are falling off my pregnancy train, here.. All of a sudden, my body is deciding it's not ok with what I've been doing? C'mon, man..work with me! I'm not sure that I can really pinpoint one thing that has caused me pain..it started with that shoulder thing, which is still an issue, despite my continued efforts to ice and roll (foam roller and lacrosse ball roll/stretch) the problem away.. It's ok for the most part, but still gives me pain when I try to do any bar-hanging things..pull-ups and such.. Which, I know.. I could make it safely through pregnancy without doing another pull-up, but wouldn't that be a bummer? Then, this week, my back decided to throw in the towel on this whole thing.. Again, not sure what to blame it on.. Pregnancy hormones &/or posture/form change, the hang squat cleans I did on Tuesday at crossfit..but the weight was manageable and I didn't squat too low, as recommended on crossfitmom.com..or spotting kids on bars at gymnastics tues night.. Or running.. Probably a combo of all of that, but MAN does it hurt right now. I actually had to scale back my workout pretty significantly at crossfit on Wednesday.. I ran a few miles that morning, before really realizing that things were hurting. I did the run just fine with just a little discomfort, but I think since then, things have gone downhill. I've stretched and rolled and iced every chance I get, but I just can't seem to get any relief. I did go on my bike ride Wednesday night, and that actually felt pretty good, but I decided to take today totally off from all exercise.. Of coarse house cleaning still had to be done.. And coaching still had to happen.. I'm hoping to swim tomorrow morning and really want to run a couple, too.. But we'll see how I feel after the swim. Anyway, I guess that's my pity party. I'm getting a massage tomorrow and might check in with a PT or something next week to see what can be done to straighten this thing out. I'm still hopeful that a few lighter, easy days and my massage will get me all worked out.. We'll see! Let's see.. Ending this on a positive note.. Let's pull it together, here.. I got to show Mason that his baby brother is kicking and moving around in my belly today..he was very excited about it all.. We put his toy bus on my belly and watched it move around, then Mason would smile and hug my belly and say "he's so cute". So that was fun. The positive side of all that's going on with pregnant ol' me right now. Here's hoping this is the last downer of a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment