GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Blunck DOWN

Well.. I'm sitting here on the couch being Majorly lazy.. but not because I want to.. because I'm on a VERY temporary (if I have any say in the matter) injured reserve list. It seems I may have 'tweaked' (my word.. don't look for it in the medical journals) something in my back doing the crossfit workout on tuesday. It was a doozy of moderately heavy wt tossing.. power cleans, front squats & push presses (oh, my!) with 95# for all.. the 1st few were OK, but by the end.. it was pretty tough. Actually, though, as I'm writing this & remembering, I wouldn't even say that was the problem.. I started feeling the 'tweak' before the fun even began.. I guess I did it just warming up. Initially, of coarse, I didn't let the mild pain slow me down.. played soccer that night, woke up to my usual spin/sprint wed am brick & then out for a lovely 'chipper' workout at crossfit, which I was able to do just fine (not without pain, but nothing jarring or causing major concern).. Maybe the real clincher was doing the new kids dance game on the Wii with Mason and Matt? We all know how intense a good ol' family dance off can get.. But last night, I was in so much pain.. I had to take short breaths, couldn't cough (really annoying), & just in pain.. I wasn't even able to sleep on my stomach, which everyone knows is the BEST way to sleep.. obviously. I took some muscle relaxors and that seems to be helping. I'm hoping taking today off of my swim and crossfit workout, some ice, meds.. I'll be good as new by, say...2pm today? I have a planned trail run with a friend of a friend & I don't want to cancel.. scratch that.. I won't cancel, I just hope I don't have to cut the run too short.. so wish me luck! In slightly other news, so far I'm keeping to my plan to run at least a bit every day. I'm not running long or anything.. not racking up ultra-training type miles.. but I'm getting out there and getting it done and.. dare I say.. so far so good! I'm able to mix it up enough with treadmill hill repeats and sprints, soccer, trail running, ez jogs in the 'hood.. good stuff! Now to just get this back figured out & continue on this streak of great workouts. I'm not sure how long this will last (probably 'til about next wk when everyone goes back to work!), but everyone seems to want to help me out by joining me in workouts &/or hanging with Mason so I can get out to run or workout.. NICE! I just need to decide how far I will run in the night trail run coming up in a month.. half or full.. what's a girl to do??

No comments:

Post a Comment