GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sick & Tired of being Sick & Tired

Well... this week has been pretty much a BUST as far as workouts go... all thanks to this cold/ stomach thing that just keeps on giving! I guess I had a couple good workout things.. made it to 4 or 5 CrossFit's, but things started looking dodgy (is that a word? oh, well.. too tired to worry about it too much) on tuesday morning.. I had planned to do a nice swim at the Y, which I did opt for a solo swim VS a masters swim because I knew I wasn't quite up to par, but still thought I'd be alright.. Well.. the horrific swim that followed was tough to take. I hadn't had a swim like that in a long time. I don't even know how far I swam, but I'm sure it wasn't much.. Mostly I just did the breast stroke set that I wanted to do, but any sort of 'speed' type freestyle just wasn't in the cards. So.. home to rest & off to crossfit later.. crossfit went OK, I suppose.. & then I had a soccer game that night after teaching gymnastics, but I played terribly there, too! Rough workout day for me.. So I took the hint (finally) & took wednesday off.. completely off.. Figured that should be enough to straighten me out. I think that's when I went to the 'doc' (Take Care Clinic.. same thing) & got me some meds.. Thurs wasn't too much better, though.. I'm struggling to even remember what I did, which tells me it probably wasn't great.. I think I rested all morning, then hit crossfit for a workout & then went to the Y before classes to do a little run & stair climb.. Nothing too exciting there. Friday was pretty much just rest as well.. I did go to Crossfit to 'practice' because I was getting set up for a 'competition' on saturday! That's right.. JoCo CrossFit put together a little competiton for us on saturday morning.. I was actually able to do that feeling pretty good the whole time, so that went well.. But then, at some point that night, I started to really feel ill.. So it's like, just when I think I'm doing OK.. BAM.. Back to the drawing board.. So today I've hardly moved.. Well.. Here's to hoping tomorrow starts off the next week on a better foot! I have plans to get things back on track after only doing 1 swim, 1 bike and maybe 2 short runs this week.. I've GOT to get it together here quick! So come on meds.. do your thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment