GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Saturday, August 25, 2012

A lovely trot through the woods

This week has been pretty uneventful.. Matter of fact, when I went to see the doc on Friday, I didn't really have much of anything to report. Yes, the reflux stuff is still there, but I've actually had a bit of a burst of cooking energy and I've had some really great, balanced, veggie-full meals this week, which I had neglected for a while as my appetite sucked. I guess that's sort of something, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that my doc doesn't really need ALL the details when he asks how things are going... So I did us both a favor and left that exciting tidbit out. At the moment, though, I'd be remiss not to mention that with the way I'm feeling..I'm either having a baby very, very soon.. Or I'm just being a big baby.. I'm not sure where the pain came from today. I started the day with a 5k jog in the woods, which was actually quite lovely! Nothing too remarkable about it, but it definitely reminded me of how much I love running trails and that I can't wait to get back to it! I could have done more trail running through this pregnancy. I didn't avoid it because I didn't think it was safe, but more because a)it took more effort to actually drive somewhere to run vs just heading out the door, and b) I didn't want to slow my usual trail running buddies down too much, so I just stuck to solo running in the hood! But anyway, I ran with a friend, we talked the whole way.. I felt great, aside from a couple short walk breaks when I got a slight stomach cramp. But other than that, it was fun! I did get a lot of sideways looks, but for the most part, folks just smiled and/or passed along some encouragement.. I call it a success! I have no idea what our time was.. Probably 40 minutes or so..so slow..and safe.. And that included when Mason insisted on running up the hill for a portion of the run with me! That kid sure does love to run with me. He smiles so big while he flails around and tries to run 'super fast'.. He's smiling.. I'm smiling.. Pretty sure that's what running is all about! I've actually run a bit more frequently this week..mostly because I kept having meetings or appointments to get to that didn't allow my usual gym time, so it was early run, maybe some sort of strength/ crossfit type workout, quick swim and then rush off to do something. We did try out a park workout this week that worked pretty well. We went up to a park close by that has a running path around it.. Mason rode his big wheel and I ran next to him (and had to push him up the hills..nice 'sled push' leg workout there!). He did better with it when we made stops along the way to do exercises.. Pull-ups, dips and push-ups. He loves trying to do that stuff with me! So maybe we'll try that again if the weather cools back down a bit. We've also had a return in the interest for a 'moon run'. We tried the other day and went out when it was still plenty dark.. Saw some stars, but darn it all, the moon was nowhere to be found?! Very strange. Now he tells me every night before he goes to bed 'make sure the moon is out there before you wake me up'. You got it, little guy. I think that about brings us up to speed here. I'm hoping to go down to Louisville with some friends tomorrow to watch some of the Ironman, so that should be good (though I need to get some sleep tonight! And make sure these contractions are just the 'false labor' type and not the real deal). In completely other news, I made it through my first week of scheduled cleaning! It went quite well, I must say.. I've never felt so accomplished (at maintaining house) and you can definitely tell its cleaner.. At least I can. I'm actually ahead of the laundry, which never, ever happens.. So I think we'll try to keep it up! I know.. Super exciting stuff right there.. You're welcome.. And also, no more teaching gymnastics for me until after I'm all healed up from having the baby, which came at just about the right time. It's fun work, and not hard, but man was it wearing me out these days! AND that's all I've got for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment