GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Friday, August 17, 2012

Can't win 'em all

Do you ever feel like you've taken crazy pills or something? Sometimes I just don't get why I'm not being understood in certain things.. I know that's a bit cryptic, but I couldn't elaborate even if I wanted to.. I'm still trying to figure it out myself.. Anyway. I had my first unsuccessful run that I can remember since those crazy back issues a while back. My back has been fine and even the low cramping/need to pee feeling can usually be either controlled with some muscle squeezing, or worked through after a few short minutes.. But yesterday I set out for a jog with the stroller and I had a pretty bad cramp up high on my right side of my belly..so I had to walk it out for a bit. After some walking (and a pep talk from Mason), I did eventually feel better and got to pick the pace back up to my current state of 'jogging'..so it was ok, but definitely a concern.. So we'll see if it was a fluke, or if, perhaps..maybe just maybe running at 37+ weeks pregnant while pushing my 4 yr old in a stroller might be a bit much? We'll see. He's really enjoying going on runs with me, so I hope we don't have to stop.. But sharp pains can't be ignored. I got some good pool time in this week, though MAN am I slow! But I still feel pretty good.. Other than the reflux issue, which refuses to go away.. Today I did some elliptical and then launched in to a crossfit workout of 100 calorie row (took me 10 minutes..slowwwww), 80 'gamer' or 'hand release' push ups (took me forever! But I got 'em done), 60 Kb swings, 40 step ups and 20 'strict' (no kipping) pull-ups (I used the assist machine with the lowest amount of wt support).. I have no idea how long it took, but with the slow row and push ups, it felt like it took forever! But it was a good workout and I felt strong. Cooled it down with a little swim action(just pulling and kicking).. So not a bad day of working out.. Mason wanted me to pick him up from school today with the jogging stroller and go for a run, but it's about 80 degrees out, which is much cooler than it had been, but still a bit warm for a jog. Guess we'll stick with the bike and trailer! Maybe it will cool down a bit more next week and we can go for a run.. Little dude loves it when I work out! As for other things that weren't winners? So I have been reading some random blogs lately.. I usually stumble across them from links of other blogs that I read.. It all started with Hillary Biscay, pro triathlete..and then it's spun out of control from there.. Anyway, a lot of times there will be recipes.. Seems these blog gals are obsessed with pancakes with as few ingredients as possible. I had posted a recipe that I found a little while back, but after making them a few times, I gave up because I could never make it right, not burn it, etc.. Well, lately I've used just a packet of oatmeal mixed with an egg..let it sit for 30 min (in the fridge), then cook it. So far it works pretty well, though you have to be careful not to burn it. BUT, I had seen a gal or 2 talk about this 'banana soft serve' which was supposed to be blended frozen bananas that supposedly taste 'just' like soft serve ice cream.. Well, I don't know what the heck I did wrong, but it was awful! Just blended, mushy banana!? And to make it worse, I had hyped it up to poor Mason, who watched and helped me make it in great anticipation.. We topped it all up with treats, just like we would with frozen yogurt.. Poor guy ate a few bites, but then had to concede that he didn't like it.. I laughed and told him I didn't either, so now it's a big joke between us.. 'hey, if you're good, mommy will make some more of that delicious treat!' Again, maybe I did something wrong, but if this is actually what those gals are making and telling themselves it's delicious? I feel very sorry for them.. Just enjoy the real thing, ladies! Not a winning recipe, for sure, but at least I can still use it in a smoothie. That's all I have to say about that.. Next week is my last week of teaching gymnastics for a while! I enjoy teaching, but I've been so worn out lately.. I'm ready to be done with pregnant teaching.. Getting closer to 'go' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment