GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Sunday, August 19, 2012

I've created a Monster..

..and he'll be the first in our family to be a barefoot runner.. This morning, not only was I woken up by our 4 yr old and immediately encouraged to go for a run and take him with me (kid won't let me run alone these days!), but then he wanted in on the fun, too! I told him I was planning to just run a short bit and we would stop 3x for some walking lunges. I thought maybe he would bail at the thought of waiting for me to do lunges, but he was up for it. Matter of fact, he asked if he could do the lunges with me. Of coarse, like any good mom, I said he could. So at our 3 stops, he got out of the stroller and did these big, slow step walk things..always having to stay ahead of me, of coarse, because he needs to 'win'..while I did my lunges. We did probably at least 800-1000m run with about 200m of lunges x3 wih a cool down jog at the end. After all those lunges, Mason said he wanted to run the rest of the way with me?! Oh, boy.. Of coarse, again, I obliged..and he did pretty well! Had to slow to walk a couple times, but overall, he had a blast and would NOT give in and get back in the stroller. All this, mind you, was before the sun had fully come up on a lovely Sunday morning. I need to make him wear a shirt or a sign that says 'I actually asked to do this'.. Or maybe 'no, my mommy isn't punishing me'.. But whatever. We had fun! So I guess my bad cramp during my run a couple days ago WAS a fluke..good thing.. Because my runs on sat and today both felt pretty good! Wanna know what else we did today?..we cleaned! For hours.. Our house really needed it. Turns out I'd gotten a little lax with my housekeeping lately. We keep it 'tidy' and it always looks clean enough, but it needed some scrubbin. Matt is always trying to get me to hire a cleaning person, but I just can't do it.. So. Today. For the first time ever. I made myself a cleaning schedule. So grown up of me, right? We'll see how well I can stick to it..but I'm hopeful! Of coarse, this is probably just a part of that over-zealous 'nesting' period.. But I'm gonna give it the old college try! Exciting, I know.. We also went to play at the pool today. It's getting to where it's actually not so super hot out, so going to the pool isn't quite as refreshing..perhaps a little chilly at times.. But I like to take advantage of the smaller crowds and get the most out of it before it closes up on us! So that's about it. Heading in to another week.. Nothing too exciting planned, but let's hope it's a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment