GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Friday, March 9, 2012

SORE!!

Here we are on a lovely, but slightly chilly friday.. I wish it was just a few degrees warmer.. I hate to complain about a pretty day, but I'd love to take Mason out for another spin-a-roo in the jogger, but something tells me 40 is just a tad chilly to push a kid around for sport? So.. another slightly lighter workout day for me, but I have a good run set for tomorrow morning with the TNTers, so all should be well and good with my 20 miles of running for the week.. barring some kind of pregnancy related exhaustion or something.. But I think we should be good. I'm looking forward to the run, so I hope we get a good crowd out to join us! We WERE going to get to start on the bike this week, but 30 degrees is NOT how we want to start things out.. AND, not to mention, a 30 degree bike ride requires a lot of extra gear that we don't want to have to force everyone to run out to get because.. honestly, how many of us really CHOOSE to ride in temps like that, thus requiring all the cold gear that, yes... I must admit.. I have.. But don't use all that often. But I'm OK with that! Anyway.. So instead we're going to stick with running, but are planning to have some good old fashioned group running fun with it this week.. so I hope we have that group! I'm no expert coach.. or runner.. or anything, really! But I think it's important to take advantage of having a group to run with.. other than the obvious advantages of using the group for motivation, distraction, compainonship, etc.. But also to maybe pull out a workout that you wouldn't otherwise do by yourself.. SO. That's what's on tap for tomorrow. I'm super sore at the moment.. I hope that doesn't hinder me at all.. Not thinking it will, but MAN.. I haven't been this sore for a bit! Guess that's what happens when you push a little harder in a workout after a few weeks of being 'tenative'. Tenative for a good reason, of coarse (I hope I spelled that right.. if you use a word twice, ya better spell it right.. 1st time it's like, 'oh, she hit the wrong key or just wasn't thinking'.. but 2 times? yes, sir.. that, there, is a mistake!), but even though I've had some good workouts, I'm not sure I've really pushed to the point of being sore for a while.. But after the crossfit games workout yesterday morning.. I. Am. Sore.... and I love it. No worries.. I wasn't foolish or careless to the life inside me. At no point in the workout did I feel like I was being dangerous. My breathing was pretty well maintained, I'm just good, old fashioned muscle fatigued from the repetition of the movements.. did I mention that I like feeling this sore? I'm talking, sore to the touch, sore. My arms are so sore that on my way to swim this morning (stroke day.. fly.. I'm afraid I may never conquer you.. But I'm not giving up.. And yes, I know I look a fool out there. Just look away, if it hurts too bad to watch) I actually had a thought of "is this going to work?". It did.. I swam just fine. Not sure if it did anything to relieve or worsen the soreness.. I think it was a wash. But I am happy to report that I did get in my 3 swims this week AND my 3 trainer rides. I think getting to have that bonus evening swim on monday nights when I go to coach for TNT really helps me to fit it all in.. So that leaves me with my run. Here's hoping tomorrow goes well.. Chilly, but well.. And I can have that sunday rest-day that I seem to be needing right now. OH. But as for the games workout this week.. Much better for me than last weeks bummer, so that was nice. I know I did my best and pushed as hard as I could and should right now. As much as the competetive side of me wants to do like so many others do and 're-do' the workout with everyone, I know that wouldn't be a good idea for me right now.. But at least I'm getting a taste of what actually competing will be like next time! But the workout was 18 fun-filled minutes of box jumps (15), push press at 75# (12.. these are what have my arms screaming for help right now), and toes to bar (9).. as many rounds/reps of that as you can. I told myself I was shooting for 10 rounds, which I knew was a lofty goal, but that's easier for me to wrap my head around than to just say.. "go for 18 minutes.. as many as you can..".. that kind of non-descript idea of a workout just doesn't work well for me. It's like a race without a finish line.. just doesn't register with my brain.. So I set out to do 10 and did my darndest.. Alas, I only made it through 8 whole rounds and then got to the toes to bar on the 9th round.. So not quite, but I know I gave it my best shot.. So that's it for the games for this week! I did forget to mention that I got to give my nutrition talk to the TNT tri team last saturday after our short run.. I thought it went well, but, of coarse, I thought of things afterward that I didn't 'hit home' enough.. But luckily this time I'll be spending the whole season with the team, so lots of time to make my points! perhaps during our fun run tomorrow?? I sure know how to have a good time, huh. I know.. they just line up to run with me!..slow, out of breath, growing belly AND talks nutrition? Quite the running partner catch, yes, indeed. But I'm pretty much always game for a run, so I have that going for me.. which is nice.. And I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment