GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Friday, March 23, 2012

still basking in the Sunrise Run

This week has gone pretty well, despite the fact that my tummy does not seem to like to swim? Say what?? That's the thing everyone is always saying is so soothing during pregnancy.. and I remember being able to swim basically up 'til D-day last time.. So what gives? I'm not sure if it's that I'm swimming with Masters this time where, even though I swear I've backed down on 'intensity' and take extra breaks, maybe just being around others that are pushing and swimming normally, maybe I'm not backing off enough? I don't know. I'm not ready to take my show solo, though, because, though it's hit the 80's a few times this week, I believe pools will stick to their usual schedule and not open for several more weeks.. I refuse to attempt to swim in the 85 degree Y pool which I find tough to swim in under normal circumstances, let alone when my body already seems to be overloaded just from lap swimming.. I guess I could maybe just pay to lap swim at the Nat and not with the team until the outdoor pool opens.. OR. More likely, I'll continue to go to Masters workouts and try my best, get discouraged some days, feel good other days.. some days think about quitting.. yeah.. That sounds like my most likely plan of attack. So proactive, huh. That's me! So that's that.. I swam 3 times this week, but not sure I'd call any of those attempts very impressive. But I'm 'tapering' (hilarious to think I could taper my swim more than I already was?) in preparation for my very 1st adult, Masters swim Meet this weekend! What? I know.. Very silly of me and it will be a sight, but I figured it's free and will (hopefully) be fun, so we'll give it a go!
I'm hoping to get some good riding in this weekend too. We got out to ride a short one on wednesday, but I was quite beat up by the winds for some reason that night. Hopefully the next one will be better? One can only hope.. Weather calls for some rain, but it's one of those 'maybe, maybe not' all weekend type of forecasts, so I'll go for the 'maybe not' and assume it'll be a lovely weekend for riding and some running (that always works out well.. assuming? sorry, but pretty sure I just jinxed us!).
This week, after realizing that early running simply suits me better, I've decided I'm tired of trying to fight it! So I've been able to work in some extra sunrise runs this week.. sometimes with my little guy (they really need a 'what should they wear' option so I can know how to dress him for the stroller! Who coulda guessed that as I was trying to find less and less for myself to wear, he'd get down the street and tell me he was cold? Duh.. nice going, Mom), sometimes solo. I'm really ready for the sun to come out earlier, so I can make those runs a part of my regular routine.. Soon enough! I think I need to be done with the treadmill.. Having my pace stare back at me.. taunting me.. teasing.. it's just too much for me to take. Good thing I've got some new, fancy headphones and my ipod.. we're gonna stick to the streets in the lovely sunrise where I'm blissfully unaware of how slow I'm going! (until I get passed by a walker or something.. that will be a sad day for sure.. )
Crossfit is still up and down for me. I've noticed some extra 'pains'.. deadlifts officially hurt the belly.. I think I mentioned that before.. But then other workouts still go fine.. I was able to finish the Games workouts this week and did alright. Wish I could have been faster, but I gotta honor the wee one and keep breathing for him or her! I'm just glad I lasted all 5 weeks and could see the whole thing through. So that's that!
Mason and I are heading out.. he's going to start back up in the 'School Skills' class at Gymboree.. Mama's freaking out a bit about his 'readiness', or lack there-of, for school starting this August. I'm sure he'll be fine.. But a little extra prep won't hurt! (or will it, as he's sitting here throwing fit #1037 as we speak).. wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment