GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Thursday, August 4, 2011

My boy turns 3??!!

Sometimes things happen that DON'T have to do with racing.. my little guy, Mason, turned 3 big ol' yrs old on June 27th! He's so big...and the light of my life.. We had a great weekend filled with visitors and fun.. he had ALL his grandparents here with him at one time, which is rare for him.. he was THRILLED! And his 'Aunt Lis' came to help him celebrate, too. Lots of fun. SO. With everyone in town, I knew I needed to get my training done early..so saturday, the day of the 'party' (at 3, our party only consisted of our family and the neighbor across the street who is only about 2mo older than him & they are great little buddies!), I got up early to ride 60 miles with the Y tri coach, Todd, at 5am, and then I ran 13mi on my own around my neighborhood. This workout felt really good to me b/c up to this point, I still never quite felt like I was triathlon training. I mean...I was working out a lot & in great shape..but I was still tinkering around with all my 'other' activities some..like the pilates, piloxing, yoga (which I still do just 1x/wk)..things like that, so this was the 1st time I felt like "I'm training for an Ironman!"..so that was good. The heat is starting to pick up a bit, so I was pretty ridiculously drenched at the end of it all... But I felt good & ready to clean up and get on with the party! (after a nap, of coarse..)

No comments:

Post a Comment