GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Sunday, August 28, 2011

So far, so good, I think..

Another week of training in the books. We have officially entered the taper & so far I think I'm following the 'rules' pretty well.. I think I only did 1 extra swim last week? Pretty good for me.. Training was pretty un-eventful, but good. Did do a couple pilates classes, which was different than my 'usual', but I had to finish out the groupon before it expired! Great workout & didn't negatively effect anything else I was doing.. so that was good. My long swim at Cordry Lake on saturday was great! We did the 5k & I felt pretty good.. aside from the fact that I didn't take this 'leisurely swim' event as seriously as I probably could have & didn't do my nutrition properly.. I didn't do anything 'too' bad, but just didn't have quite enough prior to the swim, so was super hungry by the 2nd loop (done in 1k loops)..but we were able to get some gatorade and granola bars from the boat & we set off for a couple more loops..did the same at the 4k mark, too & finished out strong. Other than that.. all went well.. I guess that's what happens when you're maybe too comfortable w/ your nutrition & don't take the workout seriously enough.. Fair enough.. Lesson learned! But it was a great little outing w/ a really great group. Sunday was my 'big' workout day.. the brick.. I say 'big' b/c after the training we've done..this taper feels pretty easy.. So we had a 60mi bike/8mi run in the books.. I planned out a nice, hilly loop out on Mann Rd on the southside & got my southside training pals (& always faithful friends!) lined up to ride with me.. We wound up getting some pretty serious hills in..even some ones that probably have names! (cyclists like to name hills, if they're hard enough..) We were out on 'Observatory Rd', which has a pretty serious hill, & then rode out on Robb Hill Rd a bit, which gave us some more hills to work our way up & down.. but it felt good & I really enjoyed the ride. Off on the run.. We all started, though poor Jeff (who was super tired after driving back from a fun weekend in Cincy at 4am so he could join us!) only made about a 1/2mi.. Lara stuck w/ me for 3mi, which was awesome.. So then I took off to finish it out. Stuck to my 'gu q 3mi' plan & all was well! Nothing too exciting..but felt nice & solid.. I didn't manage to make it down to Louisville to watch IM today, which was a bummer.. But Matt needed to do some stuff at work &, well...that beats out my 'need' to go watch a race in another city.. BUT, I've been tracking my fellow triathletes all day & they are doing FANtastic!! I'm so excited for them & even just seeing the results tick by is making me more excited for my race day. I can feel it.. I can see it.. I'm ready to get out there! congrats to the IM Lou athletes & finishers.. I can't wait to hear all about the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment