GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Saturday, April 14, 2012

And now, we dance

..and by 'dance', I mean 'rest. So I was looking at a lovely forecast of "maybe it will rain and storm all day...or.. maybe it will be fine out.. good luck!", so I figured I'd check the ol' hourly forecast at about 6am and go from there.. it said I had until 7:30am until the heavens would open up and, with 100% certainty, it would start raining. Well.. I know they usually aren't super accurate with weather reports, but 100%? Can't really argue with that. So I got up and dressed and planned to run from 6:30-7:20.. get my 5 miles in and avoid those storms ('thunderbolts and lightning, very, very frightning!'.. that was pretty much my soundtrack for my run, thank you, random songs that pop into my head). And guess what..that's exactly what happened! I got my run in (though I kept thinking I saw lightning.. I think it was just a glare off a street light bouncing with my run, but I was on high alert!), felt pretty darn good (aside from a few vomit close calls.. but if you try to tell me that my pb/choc sugar cookie bar creations aren't the perfect pre-run fuel, I'll smack you right in the mouth.. because you're just wrong.. It really is pretty much the same as a bar or other manufactured 'thing' that we all swear by.. though maybe more fat, but other than that, I'd guess it's pretty similar.. So BACK OFF), got in.. low and behold.. 7:33.. RAIN! Go me. Go weather team. Feeling very good about this, for some reason.. Word must have been out about the storms closing in, because I saw a few other runners out and about, too. I might have even had to pick up my pace a bit to avoid that '1st pass' I've been so worried about.. you know.. the 'aw, look at the slow runner.. don't give up' sad eyes as they cruise on past? At least they would have been running and not the 'walk pass' I've been just sure was about to occur on a few of those 'death march' runs.. But I wasn't ready to give in to being a slow, passable runner just yet, so I plugged along and kept ahead of 'em 'til our routes split (thank goodness.. definitely felt that pick-up later!). And now, with a rainy weekend ahead, I do believe it is time for me to rest.. a bit.. I got in my 20 mi running for the week.. and 3 swims.. but only 1 bike. Oops! But it was a really good bike.. does that count for extra? I was originally going to ride today and tomorrow.. but with rain and other things taking up my time, I don't think it'll happen. If the mood strikes me tomorrow.. the weather is beautiful and someone calls up and says "lets ride!".. I will.. But mostly, I think I'll be laying low. I think weather should be good for the race tomorrow morning, so that should be fun to get out and watch all the excitement. I'm looking forward to that.
I also got my 4 crossfit's in, though yesterday was pretty much a 'wash' because my pregnant brain can't count past a hundred?! It was an AMRAP (as many reps as possible) of 4 different movements (toes through rings, squats, burpees and double unders) for 2 minutes each.. I had been told that keeping a running tally would be easiest.. so just keep the count going up through the whole workout.. Well, after I hit 100, I started to get confused on what # I was on.. and then it was completely gone. No clue at all.. Ah, guess that one was just for fun, then! Oh, well.. it's all just 'for fun', really, so no real loss there.
Anyway.. that's all I got! Now we wait to see if my little guy will get to play in his 1st soccer game of the season, or if the rain will cancel it. Hopefully he won't take it too hard if it gets called, because I kinda have a feeling it will.. I'm sure he can be easily distracted with playing cars, or some other super exciting activity! And that's all I have to say about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment