GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter message.. enjoy the sunrise!

So I had a few more thoughts about Easter and other random things.. like to hear it, here it goes (I keep trying to use that 'In Living Color' quote.. not sure anyone knows what I'm talking about, but that's hardly anything new). So, I'm not a hugely religious person (after all, I am the creator of the 'easter-beer hunt', which started our junior yr of college and then continued our senior yr.. we all celebrate in our own way!), but I do feel like I have my faith and I go about it in my own way. We have become 'regular' visitors at our church.. by that, I mean that we go every Christmas and Easter.. regularly! BUT, I don't feel like that means that I don't 'worship' and appreciate the lord in my own way.. and the (at least the part I heard) message at church on Easter supports my view! I've always liked to say that my worship happens when I'm out for a nice ride or run (or swim, when our outdoor pool is open) and that's where I do my best thinking and sometimes those thoughts go toward being thankful and grateful for what I have.. isn't that what we are supposed to be doing when we attend church? just with less 'chanting'.. oh.. I mean, 'reciting' of the creeds and whatnot. Our paster noted that "if you spend too much time looking down, it's easy to miss the sunrise".. He was speaking of when folks look too much at the negatives and the things they aren't sure of or are worried about, they miss the good things going on right in front of them.. What I heard? Was affirmation that my enjoying my sunrise running IS my church! Of coarse, I agree with both the Pastor's meaning and my understanding.. just thought it was nice to hear that the pastor is picking up what I'm throwing down.. ya know? Anyway..
So today has been so far, so good. It's gosh darn windy again, but that didn't bug me too much on my run today. We had a good workout at crossfit.. 12 min worth of wall balls, burpees, box jumps and pull ups/dips. I'm starting to really notice the growth going on in the ol belly these days, but not too much.. just might have to start altering things a bit. For example, as much as I enjoy box jumps and can still do them fine, I noticed they hurt the belly a bit today. Probably will give it another try before I throw in the towel and lower the height, but those might be the next movement to bite the dust.. fall prey to the growing wee one.
Speaking of the wee one.. got to hear the heartbeat again last week! Doc was able to look right at my belly and knew just where the nugget was hanging out and got a nice, strong, 160 heartbeat.. always good to hear that and know things are going well. Count down to 'operation gender determination' is ON! We get our ultrasound appt 3 weeks from thurs.. so let's go, little one. Prepare to be seen and you best be ready to show us what you're working with so we can get going on getting ready for you! Mason will be coming with us and I'm already trying to talk up what he's going to see, so he's appropriately excited about it.. Not sure it's working.. so far I just get 'm', as the answer.. "won't it be exciting to see your baby brother or sister in mommy's tummy?".. "m", then quickly moves on to something FAR more exciting, like 'playing truck', where's my airplane, remember when we saw the easter bunny at pancakes (breakfast.. he always gets pancakes, so just calls the place 'pancakes').. Not too interested. As long as he doesn't freak out and cry or something.. it's all good.
My run today was a pretty decent one. I like to start the week off with a nice, 6mi run.. mission accomplished on that today and it actually felt pretty good. My legs are still sore from the whooping of last friday's crossfit (it actually felt great at the time.. the effects didn't settle in until some time on saturday.. I think I knew by the time I woke up on sat that the hammies were 'can't straighten your leg out right' sore), but other than that, it went well.. when I wasn't being blown backwards by the winds. It's actually good I ran early, though, because the winds are really whipping now! We had thoughts of a ride this evening, but I'm actually glad that no one could join me, because.. as much as I'd never bail on a ride JUST because of wind.. this one would have been pretty brutal.. they say gusts are in the 30mph range.. that's enough to knock a sister off the bike, if it catches you at the right angle at the wrong time.. definitely don't need that! So I think I'll go and enjoy a lil swim before I coach for the TEAM tonight. My 'plan'.. I seem to shoot for 2k these days, as that seems like a fair distance, given that swimming sure takes a bit out of me these days! So I'm thinking 'broken 400', or short ladder, how ever you want to look at it.. but 25, 50, 75, 100, 75, 50, 25 each of swim, pull, breast, back, kick.. 2k, right? So that's the plan.. we'll give 'er a go! Speaking of.. I'd better get going..

No comments:

Post a Comment