GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Monday, April 23, 2012

Beat Up By the WIND

Oh, wow.. next time I see 30mph winds in the forecast, I'll take them more seriously?! Now.. the real question is.. take them seriously enough to bag a ride? Hmm.. Not sure.. But tonight's ride was pretty brutal. Even when we 'should' have had a tail wind, we were whipped around by some nasty cross winds that would knock you sideways and take your breath away.. Not ideal, to say the least. BUT. I suppose we should look at the bright side.. we did get about 27mi in. I'm struggling for another positive.. I like my riding buddies? But the wind was so tough, we didn't really get to 'visit' much.. too busy fighting to stay upright and alive to chit chat. Oh, well. I had the great idea of telling my friend, Jeff, who is training for Cedar Point Full Rev, which will be his 1st full IM, that he needs to 'embrace the wind' and get out there and ride in windy conditions, because chances are pretty good that he will encounter at least some kind of wind while he's out there on the ride.. Good advice, right? Not a good idea was not having the foresight to realize that if I just told my riding buddy to 'embrace the wind'.. who do you think will be tagging along on those windy rides?? Duh.. didn't think that one through. BUT, I am not too proud to hop on his back tire and let him drag me through those windy rides.. and that's just what I did! Since the last 10mi were all directly in to that 30mph wind.. yikes! I was dripping.. eyes, nose, mouth..it wasn't pretty. But, again, we made it.. so we'll count it a 'win'. What wasn't a 'win'? Aside from the wind? My choice of 'pre-ride fuel', which was delicious veggie pizza.. but it was not sitting so well on the ride.. I guess I just have to be really careful about what I eat now before rides. I usually am able to eat whatever when I ride and only have to watch my intake when I'm running.. But I guess that's changed for now! I'm definitely not ready to give up on riding yet.. so careful food choices it is. That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment