GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Sunday, April 8, 2012

ah, Easter..

Wow.. been a whole week already? Well, my original post that I dreamt up while enjoying my moonset/sunrise Easter morning run was SO much more joyful.. But then.. the day happened.. The joys of being Mom to a 3 yr old. It wasn't a 'bad' day, just.. 'up and down', as I like to say. It started lovely, as I mentioned before.. nice, early start, thanks to a 5am wakeup from our excited little guy.. fun Easter egg hunt for him, lovely run.. 5 mi to complete my 20, yet again, for the week.. Then cleaned up in our sunday bests to go to breakfast and church.. Sounds nice, yes? Too bad that was all before noon.. so much day left! Then I started feeling sick.. again.. so home to rest for me. All was going fairly well until... the fits began.. the hitting, screaming, 'that's not my child' fits. Ugh. Exhausting. But anyway, as I said.. that's life. It's not all bunnies and candy and sunshiney running.. some of it can be rough. But anyway, enough about today.
Back up to last week.. I know I got my running in, though..what did I do last sunday? Oh, yeah.. a rest day! Trying to get back to that a little bit here. We were going to ride, but the day started with rain and then we just couldn't get together to get out.. and I'm not riding solo when I'm pregnant and not training for anything.. I love to ride, but really.. it's OK to miss a day here and there, too..
The week started off fine. I won't go through all the details, but I know I started with a 6mi run on monday.. did a couple miles (yes, as in 2. 2 whole miles!) with Mason on tuesday.. wednesday started with a treadmill run, which I swore I was done with, but I woke up to thunder, so basement miles it was! I kept busy with some riveting TV..'the Voice'..I varied the speed each lap and each mile, then finished off with the pregnant version of 'sprints'.. not too bad. 4 miles in the books.. Then went upstairs to get ready for heading to crossfit or whatever else I was going to do, but it was lovely out?! What was with all the thunder earlier? Why did I just waste my time sweating it out in the basement when I could have been outside? Well, I'm not capable of letting a beauty of a sunrise pass me by when I have the time to run, so back out I went for another 3 or so miles.. it was great! I did run a few more on the 'mill on thursday, but REALLY avoided knowing how much I was running by doing some reading while running?! I never do that, but turns out, if you're running slower, you can do some decent reading.. not too bad. Friday and saturday were off from running, then my 5mi today.. I'm not going to add it up.. well, ok, maybe I will.. let's see.. carry the 1..I guess 23-ish miles again this week? I very much estimate my distance, so have no idea how accurate it all is.. who cares! So that was the running for the week.
Is it just me, or has it been windy every damn day these days? or at least windy every time I head out to ride. Or...possibly, I'm just a little wimpy about the whole thing.. But I did get 2 decent rides in outside this week. I thought about an indoor spin some other day in there, but just didn't feel like it. So just 2 rides this week. Maybe I'll fit 3 in next week. My riding is pretty weak right now, so could probably stand to work harder on it, but... I'm just riding for fun, so no big deal, I just feel bad holding my riding buddies back! Oh, well...
Got all 3 swims in this week. Still doing shorter swims and taking my sweet time in the water.. resting lots at the sides, but I'm out there, making sure I don't completely lose all the work I've done on my form.
Which brings us to crossfit. Workouts went pretty well this week.. except for one.. It was tuesday and it was a 'double under' (jump rope) workout. I thought I had worked on this skill and had gotten fairly decent at it.. but this just wasn't my day for it. It happens.. some days I 'have it', some days I don't, but it really sucks to not 'have it' on a day where you really, really...really just needed it! Tears actually welled up a bit from the effing rope whipping my leg in the same ever loving, effing spot over and over.. and OVER again until I had these huge welts on me. It hurt so bad. I had to take a moment, pulled it together and managed to do the workout, but MAN. That was not a cool moment for me. The rest of the week was fine. I'm starting to really have to cut down my weights a bit, but still get a good workout with the lighter weights. My hamstrings are actually STILL sore as I sit here on sunday night from the workout on friday. Not even the swim on saturday.. or the ride.. or this mornings run could 'shake' it out. Back to the roller for me! And back to the double unders.. But with pants on from now on! Good lord, that rope hurts.
I think that's all I got. I always have these other ideas of things I want to talk about here on the ol' blog, but then I ramble on too much about workouts and lose my desire to keep writing. Some day I'll get better at it.... Some day.. But for now.. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment