GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Fifteen HUNDRED meters, guys..

I finally did it, guys.. I made it to the pool! I looked all of those excuses right in their stupid mouth and I said 'no'.. I'm going to get this done. It was rough at first.. My lats, or whatever, get super tight and I feel like I'm swimming backwards.. But after a bit, I started to feel better. Enjoyable, even! So that was that.. Not much. I certainly remember a time when 1500m was practically a warm up.. But for now, it will do..

This morning went pretty well, though if think my biceps almost exploded! We started off with:

5 sets of 4 Deadlifts at 80%, so 265#. I was able to do those sets unbroken, so was pleased with that.
Then was 10 min EMOM of 8 strict pull-ups per round..that was the bicep explosion part. The plan was to try to get all 8 in each minute, but if you made less, to stick with that number..make any sense? Didn't think so.. But I got all 8 for the first 8 minutes and then got 7 in the last 2 rounds.. OUCH!
Next was 4 sets of 3 push press superset with 4 sets of 20 back extensions. I did the push presses at 125/135/145/145. Went ok. Now the workout!

15 minute AMRAP

5 deficit (7") HSPU
10 weighted (26#) pistols
15 chest to bar pull ups

Little rough, but ok.. Made it through 5 rounds + 5 HSPU. Pistols were the toughest, though I'm feeling my biceps now, as I type.. So that was that!
I got a teeny tiny run in this morning because I had to drop my car off for the headlight fix.. It was a beautiful morning here..in case you wondered what the weather is like in these parts..so I almost felt like I HAD to get out and run. It felt good. Then Miles wanted to 'ride' his bike.. You know what's fun? Pushing your little guy on a trike with one of those steering things in back, so I have control..right? Except he can steer, too.. And he likes to keep things interesting and spends most of the ride jerking the handlebars back and forth going 'woah. WOAH!' It's hilarious..until it's not and you're just like, 'just go straight and let's go!' Honestly. It is hilarious..but also a little frustrating. I have a feeling that's not the last time I'll be saying that about my little guy. Once he finally gave up the swerve-fest and let me push, he literally yelled 'WHEee, whee, WHEEEeee!', all the way home..so I got to experience that!
Tomorrow we get to do a team competition/exhibition deal at the fair, so that should be fun! There's no swimming, that I know of.. But if there is, I'm totally ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment