GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Miles and mommy time at the gym!

I have to give my littlest guy, Miles, a huge shout out for being awesome these days when I take him with me to the gym. I think I mentioned not long ago a time when I had both boys with me and they weren't being great.. But this week, with Mason back in school, I've had Miles with me by himself a couple times..and he amazes me.. It's crazy to think that I used to bring him into the gym in his stroller and he would sit there and snack the whole time.. Now he has full reign of the playroom and he does pretty darn well for a fella not yet 2 yrs old.. Today, when I peeked in a couple times, he was pulling out some of those big Lego things, which he fashioned into a tower, of sorts.. He did call me over to show me.. 'Mommy!?..where are you?!'.. I was around the corner for a minute.. But after proudly showing me and asking for a 'huggie', he went back to his playroom business. I was proud..
So anyway.. I'm sure you're wondering how Mason has been handling school after his first day of post first grade shenanigans.. Actually, he's doing well! He seems excited about his school work and did an extra activity thing at home last night so he could earn his first 'positive point' of the year.. So this week has been mostly smooth sailing with him. AND he got his package delivery today!.. I had been ordering myself lots of little workout things lately, so was receiving several packages delivered to our door..and Mason was quite jealous! So he wanted to use some of his birthday money to order something so HE could get a package.. So he did some on-line shopping in the Disney store and settled on a lovely pair of hulk pjs.. And they CAME TODAY!! He was psyched. So much so that he was not at all deterred when we found that they had sent size 6 shirt, but a size 4 pant?! I told him we could send it back and get the right size, but no way.. He was not letting those go! So.. He's squeezed into those size 4 pajama pants right now..happy as a clam.. It's actually kind of fitting, the way he's busting out of those pants..really 'hulk-esque', no?
So on to working out..
Yesterday was:

Bench press: 4 sets of 3 at 150#
Strict weighted dips: 2 reps EMOTM x 15 min, which I completed with 35# hanging from me
Romanian Deadlift: 4 sets of 4 at 165# superset with 4 sets of 10 strict TTB's

Then the workout..
10 min EMOTM
Evens: 5 MU
Odds: 20 pistols
Rest 2 min, then
10 min EMOTM
Evens: 8 thrusters(95)
Odds:15 TTB's

This workout was pretty tough, but a good one. I made my first set of MU in a set of 5, but pistols took me about :45 each round, so not really much rest there.. I think my next set of MU went 3 and 1(missed the second).. I made all the pistol rounds and only missed 2 MU, so I was pretty happy with that.. I used to scale any MU EMOTM where Mike asked for 5, I would aim for just 2, so getting 4 and 5 done in a minute was a decent improvement. Still working on it, but it's always good to acknowledge the baby steps heading in the right direction. The second set was tough.. I made all the rounds, but was out of breath and really, REALLY not wanting to start each next round as the minute hit.. But I pressed on and got it done.
I went back in later just to do the strength portion of Saturdays workout, since I'll be at a competition.. It was:
Strict press: 4 sets of 3 at 105#
Strict deficit HSPU: 5 EMOTM x 15 min.. I made 5, then 4, then stuck with 3's the rest of the time
Jumping good mornings and parallette L-sits..which after strict TTB's that morning, my abs were pretty much done with me.. So that was that.
Today I jumped ahead to Fridays workout so I can do my active recovery day leading in to the comp.. So today I did:
Front squats: 4 sets of 3 at 175#
EMOTM clean + fr sq x 15 min: 5 min each at 125/135/140
Clean DL at 195/GH raises
Workout was:
5 rounds
3 cleans (145)
20 GHDs
30' hs walk

Each round was almost exactly the same..took about 2:30, so finished right at 12:30. Not bad.. Felt like I spent most of my time on the GHDs, so lots of upside down time, but overall, I felt good! So now I just do some moving..some row/run/DU as active recovery tomorrow.. And then some competition fun! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment