GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Saturday, July 26, 2014

The CrossFit Games are on!!

I'm a bit distracted this weekend because I'm super busy watching all the Games action! So far it's been a whole lot of fun to watch!..and of coarse..it all makes me want to try the workouts myself.. Which, I'm sure, as usual, would quickly show me that those folks just make it LOOK easy, but it is not, in fact, all that easy.. But I'd still like to try! We'll see..
For now, we'll stick with what my coach has planned for us..
Friday started fun..or not so much.. Every once in a while Matt hits me with a 'I need to leave early for work', which translates to me having to figure out a different time of the day to work on my fitness.. Usually I'm in and out in the wee hours before my kids even know I'm gone, but when Matt leaves early, I have to figure out a time to take them with me. This time I opted for around 7am so we could get the workout done, get Mason to camp, and then take Miles to Gymboree (and then take a rest!). It's not a huge problem to take the boys, but sometimes they are more helpful than others. This time, despite the promise of a 'do-Nit' (aka donut to most..or to everyone but Miles!) if we were able to get out of the gym in time to swing by the local pastry establishment, they were less than stellar. Lots of needing this and that..Mason may or may not have had a jump rope (loosely) around his brothers neck at some point.. All of this is typical mom stuff, but it just means we are wasting time.. So no donut.. They eventually pulled it together and I got a good workout in.. Friday looked a little something like this..

Front squats: 6 doubles at 85%, so 175#
Cleans every :30, 4 min at 125, 4 at 135, and 4 at 140#
Clean high pulls (175) and weighted glute ham raises (15#)
And on to the workout!

EMOM x 10 min
Evens
Full clean into 3 front squats (145)
Odds
50 double unders

Rest 2 min, then
Another EMOM x 10
Evens
10 weighted pistols(26#)
Odds
Single arm snatch(55#)

This workout actually went well for me and I was pretty happy with it. That snatch knocked me on my butt in a workout not long ago and pistols aren't always great for me. I can also remember not too long ago when that 145 front squat was a lot harder for me (I'm working on letting that go.. I'm on about step 5, I think), so, again, I was happy to get through it successfully. I actually had decent rest each minute throughout the workout, too..so.. Bonus! Each front squat round took about :15. Double unders took :40. Pistol rounds took about :20. Snatches took :30 each time.. So it went well.
I did head in again later, but just to get a quick row/MU workout in.. 10 min EMOM (it was an EMOM kind of day) with evens being a set of 4 MU and odds just 10 cal row. Not bad. Felt good and was glad to get the extra skill work in while Mason enjoyed some crossfit kids action.

Today is Saturday, so I went in early for a good workout. It started off with:

Strict press: 6 sets of 2 at 105
Strict weighted HSPU (I had a 28# vest..heavier than I meant to use.. Should have weighed it first!): EMOM: basically did 3 reps every minute for 12 rounds. It was supposed to be slightly more..but..weighted vest..ouch!
Good mornings and :45 L-sits (PRd my L-sit! :45 whole seconds!)
The workout was a bit of an 'odd object' kind of thing..
3 rounds
50' front rack walking lunge w 115# fat bar
10 STO w fat bar(115)
10 ground to shoulder w atlas stone(95)
200' sled push(180+sled)

It was a good workout. I finished right around 20 minutes..most of the time spent on the atlas stones.. I don't find those particularly difficult, but they just take me a bit more time, I guess..
After the workout, I grabbed a snack and put on my lifting shoes to do a little snatch work. I did about 20-30 min worth of light-ish weight (85-115) high hang/hang snatch complex work. Just focusing on good positioning, especially in the bottom..
Next up is the team workout! It was set up for teams of 3, but lucky me..there was an odd number, so I got put on a team of 2! Actually..it was pretty lucky because there was 300 cal worth of rowing and Matt, my partner for the workout, is a strong rower! The workout was..
100 cal row (Matt took the majority of this..each time..)
300 double unders (I may have done more on this..it's only fair!)
100 cal row
200 hand release push ups w feet on a weight (ouch!)
100 cal row
100 pull ups

Since 1 workout is never enough, we had some core work to do.. Again, between the 2 of us.. 5 min L-sit and 5 min plank. Good stuff!
The rest of my Saturday was spent hanging with Miles, since Matt and Mason went to the Nascar race. I guess Mason likes Kyle Bush?..you know..because he drives the car with yummy candy on it.. And they got to meet him at the race! Matt's co-worker has connections at the track, so they got to drive Kyle Bush around the track?..to where his car is? A parade? I'm not sure, but he was pumped. He told him he is his number 1 fan!..hopefully he kept the reasoning behind that support to himself.. But anyway. It was exciting for them and Miles and I had fun doing what we do best..snuggling, tickling, running..and Miles' new favorite..jumping! I think he even got some air one time..maybe.. Just a little? We're working on it..



No comments:

Post a Comment