GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Kansas City, here we come!

Well, here we are in KC. Visiting my parents! This trip has been fun, too, because my older brother is moving back to town, so he is here with his family, whom we haven't seen in a really long time! Mason is extra psyched to get to hang with his grandparents AND his cousins.
Since we traveled yesterday, I planned to just stop in at the crossfit gym that I like to visit when I am in town, Sky's Limit CrossFit, and do their workout.. I made it in to the noon class and joined them for:
5 rounds
10 thrusters(75#)
10 TTB's

Rest 3 min

1 mi run
40 wallballs
40 kettle bell swings (53#)
100 du

It was a good workout, but I was not feeling quite right.. I started out ok, but just felt worse and worse until things that normally go fine felt like the hardest thing ever. I'm guessing it had to do with traveling and not eating and drinking like I normally do, but it was still frustrating. So that was that.

Today I got to sleep in til something like 7 o'clock! I woke up to both my boys' smiling faces and that is always a good thing! There was open gym today from 9-11, so I hit the gym to do my day 6 programming. I felt like it was a lighter day, but somehow wound up busy for almost the whole time. All relative, I guess! So today was:

5 sets of 4 strict press at 80%, so 100#
10 EMOM of 8 strict HSPU. This was tough! I made 6 rounds with all 8 HSPU, then 2 rounds of 7 and 2 rounds of 6.. Not too bad, but it was rough by about the 3rd or 4th round, so I was kind of happy just to get through it!
Then good mornings (55#) superset with paralette L-sits
Now the workout..

12 min AMRAP
50 TTB's
40 kettle bell swings
30 box jump overs
20 push press (95#)

I got through just 1 round + 37 TTB's. Not great.. Still feeling a little 'off', but not terrible.. Just a little gassed.. Maybe I'll be back to normal by the time I head back home?

After all that fun, I decided to make up for missing the 'active recovery' rowing from Thursday. It was supposed to be 3x1000m row, but as soon as I started rowing, I realized it was going to take a little more out of me than usual, so I opted for 4x 500m row with 1:1 work:rest ratio. It was fine. Nothing exciting about it. I still had some time (and there were other folks working out), so I decided to finish off with a nice 'stupid human trick sesh'..so I did 4 rounds of 3 strict MU and about 50' handstand walk. All in all, pretty good day of training. Not my best workout ever, but as a whole, I feel like I got some good work done. Now back to more hangin with the fam!

No comments:

Post a Comment