GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Monday, July 14, 2014

Unnaturally schwetty

I'm no stranger to sweat.. I am, afterall, the same gal who used to do long runs in loops in the summer so I could swing by my house to change clothes because they had become so heavy with sweat that they were falling off (..too much? I thought we were in the trust tree..). So all I'm saying is, I know sweat.. But I guess it had been a while since I'd had THIS kind of sweat because things..got a little ugly. In fact, I had my husband's car (side note..why do my headlights keep burning out? And I always get pulled over when a headlight is out..at 5am..and I don't have time for that..so..husband's car) ((pps..why doesn't this thing auto-put in possessive appostrophies?..is that how you spell 'appostrophies'? It didn't correct me, but who can trust this thing anymore?!)), and I felt really, really bad about sitting my sweaty butt in his seat when I knew he was going to put his suited up butt in it as soon as I got home.. Sorry?? Anyway. So it was a hot one today and the workout was kind of rough.. It's late, so I'll just get right to it (she says after that lengthy intro..)
Today we did:
5 sets of 4 squats at 80%, so 200#. These went well and I was feeling pretty good about it!
Next was 10 min, EMOM of 2 snatch at about 80%, so I did 115# for a couple sets and then moved to 120#. This also went well and I didn't have any misses, which Mike said was what he wanted with these.. I was going to do this at 125#, which was over the written plan, but a do-able weight, but Mike mentioned that we will be increasing the percentage of these every week, so I figured I'd better save some for later!
Then some snatch extensions and GHD's..by this point I'm feeling the heat and I was getting a little light headed? Probably a combo of the upside down stuff and the heat.. Anyway, no time to concern myself with that..let's workout!
Today was:

4 rounds
8 hang power snatch (115#)
8 bar muscle ups

Took me 13:27. Felt ok, but like I said..pretty wiped out by the heat and muggy-ness and holding on to the bars with sweaty hands was a bit tough, but overall, the weight moved well and all the bar muscle ups were done in unbroken sets.. So not too bad.

Today was Mason's first day of summer camp at the Y! He was so excited.. We had to make a stop at the docs first to get his annual check up, but then he was off! He had fun..lots of running, swimming, sporting.. He said they were outside the whole day, which he didn't love..and I knew he wouldn't.. But hopefully he'll get used to it? Or at least be able to distract himself with the fun games and such.. But so far, so good!
Then I went back to the gym for a quick workout.. Did the gym's workout of:

5 rounds
20 unbroken wallballs
30 unbroken double unders

It went fine. Finished in 6:40.
Also did the core work, so 50 abmats, 50 v-ups, 50 row boats.

Then I got to coach! Always fun.. Even got to do an on-ramp (intro sessions) for a new fella that will hopefully be joining our motley crew! So now..rest up for another early start.. And that is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment