GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Max week complete..

So today had some good points..some not as good points.. But all in all, it was a good day of training. I started with my final max attempt for the week..the strict press..and it was a no-go. Stuck at 120# for now. The strict press is a tough one, because 115# felt super easy, so I thought a pr was going to happen.. But that 120# was a major struggle and that was all I had in me. So that was that. Sure doesn't take long to find a press max! Next was tabata strict handstand push-ups..whew! Not sure if I was feeling all the hspu's from yesterday (oh, yeah..I did the gym's workout the night before and it included 4 rounds of ME (max effort) hspu's and I may or may not have done over 100 hspu's.. Maybe.. Not a good plan before shoulder press max day?  I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're saying to me.. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!), but those tabatas were rough! I managed to start with 6.. Then 5.. Then a couple 4's..but finished off with just 3 in the rounds.. After some jumping good mornings (not sure I'm doing those right? But my hammies are sore..so..I guess?) and 5 attempts at paralette l-sits (still not good at those), it was time to work out! Today was:

15 ring muscle ups
1000m row
15 bar muscle ups
1000m run

Took me 14 minutes.. Not bad. I was most looking forward to timing my 15 muscle ups. They went pretty well.. Not as big of sets as I would like, but I didn't miss any and was able to finish in just over 3 min. The row was fine; took 4:20, so I reckon a 2:10 average..so fast! (Not at all..but I'm working on it) after the row, my arms were a bit sore, so the bar muscle ups were a bit tougher than usual.. I did 10 and 5, mostly because I was slipping and I didn't want to rip my hands.. So that went fine.. Finish off with my lightning fast run..and that was that. We were supposed to do 3 ME handstand walks 2 min after that workout, but I forgot..remembered later when I saw JD start them, so I went over to do 3 x 50ft (the length of the gym. I wasn't feeling the pirouettes today.. Need to get back to working more on those).
I suppose maybe I was a little tired by then? I planned to do some snatching and maybe some jerks before the team workout started, but those weren't going so well.. I did some high hang/full snatch EMOM stuff, but after just a few wt increases, I just wasn't hitting them well.. I cut my losses and decided to eat a lil something before the team workout started. JD and I got to come up with the plan for the day and we came up with:

Warm up
1000m Indian run where 1 person has a 14# med ball to pass off when they reach the front of the line.

Partner workout
1 person does 200m farmers carry while partner planks, then switch
1 person does 100m lunges while partner does single arm snatches, switch
1 person does 400m backwards run while partner single arm clean and jerks, switch
Both partners burpee broad jump 50m

Pretty good! I liked it, anyway..but I guess I'm easy to please..

In other news, I guess we weren't the only folks taking on King Kong yesterday and it turns out I didn't over scale it at all because some videos popped up online showing people finishing at or under 2 minutes?!..so there's that.. Good to know. Ugh. You guys. I have so, so much work to do.. So much.. It's a good thing I enjoy the work!

Case in point..here's my current maxes:
Clean and jerk: still 175#
Snatch: 150#
Deadlift: 295#
Bench press: 175#.. Samesies with my clean!..how cute..
Back squat: 245#
Front squat: 205#
Strict press: 120#

The boys are having kind of a 'guy day'.. Got donuts, went to the park, ate pizza, Mason and Matt went golfing, to the grocery store (sometimes I contribute to the plan making part of guy day!). So, that's good. We did manage to move our KC visit up a week and will be heading that way on Friday! And we signed Mason up for his very first week of summer camp?! He's so excited and I hope it goes well. It's a baseball theme this week (at the Y), so he should enjoy it. AND he gets to swim every day, so I KNOW he will love that. I'm hoping to get a good workout in tomorrow morning, then work, then maybe meet the boys for a swim at the Y? We'll see about that part.. You may recall that a theme this week has been 'I'm totally gonna go swim today!'.. Only to then report that it didn't happen..so.. One last chance for this week! I'm totally gonna go swim tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment