GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Midline Marching to a different drum..

First, to finish off my Friday, I did head back to the gym for a little more work.. I did the gym's workout, but with a slight twist to work on the things I need to work on.. It was:
15 min AMRAP
10 alt kb snatch (I used the men's wt of 53#, because I need to work on the heavier snatch wt)
15 toes to rings (I did sets of 5 MU)
20 alt jumping lunges
400 m run

I made it through 3 rounds of my altered version of the workout and I felt good about it! The sets of 5 on the MU went well and, despite the bruises on my forearms, the snatches actually went well and felt strong. I'm not sure why the bruises came up because it didn't hurt and I didn't have any crashing down/awful rep issues..but anyway, I felt like it was some solid work.
Next up is Saturday fun at the gym! Day 6 workout went like this:

5 sets of 2 strict press at 90%(110#)
50 strict HSPU
4 sets of 6 good mornings(75#)
2:00 paralette L-sit (done in :30 intervals..still not my best movement! But maybe a little better?)

The workout was the 'midline march' from the games
3 rounds
25 GHDs
50' unbroken hs walk
50' overhead lunge(115#, I used a fat bar)

Well. Once again, I'm reminded that I'm not Rich Froning because what took him about 5 min? I think? Took me almost 12.. I mean.. I did use a fat bar, which hurt my wrist and grip more than I expected.. And I did have an extra 50' walk in there due to the way the gym was set up.. But mostly I'm pretty sure he just went faster than me.. But. My handstand walks were fine, my lunges felt strong, and GHDs just take the time that they take, no? I don't rush them, just do what needs to be done there.. So. 11:55 was the time on that one.
Next I did some sets of MU..of coarse.. Then I still had a bit of time before the team workout, so I worked on lighter weight, quality squats.. Still working on that strong bottom position, and they felt good! Worked on sets of 5 from 105-155#.
Finally the team workout for the day and it was a fun one! It was teams of 3..
100 burpees to plate
90 kb swings(53#)
80 overhead lunges(45#)
70 box jumps(24")
60 calorie row
50 HSPU
40 CTB pull-ups
30 pistols (each leg)
20 wall climbs
10 muscle ups
*every _5 min, do 100 du
*Every _10 min, do 100' shuttle run
I enjoyed the workout and had a good group to work with. I was pleased that after all that work, I was still able to get a set of 5 MU, so.. Maybe I'm on the right path there.. Will certainly keep working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment