GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Monday, August 11, 2014

Not so snatch-tastic

Today started a little rough. I'm no meteorologist, but someone check the barometric pressure 'round here because shit felt HEAVY! I realize sometimes we just have days like that.. And I'm not overly upset about it or thinking I'm falling apart.. But it's also not super fun to have bad days, y'all! So today went like this:

5 sets of 1 squat at 95%, so 235#. These went ok, but not exactly easy..
E2MOTM x 20, 1 snatch at 90-100%. Started at 90%, so 140#, which felt fine.. But when I moved to 145#, I just couldn't quite get under it. I wasn't terribly off, which is why I continued to try, but it just wasn't happening.. I felt glued to the floor..
4 sets of 4 snatch high pull at 145#/4 sets of 20 GHDs

I ran out of time in my early am session, so I went back mid morning with Miles to finish up..
The workout was:

15 min AMRAP
5 power snatch (95)
10 OHS (95)
15 box jumps (24")
400m run

I finished almost 4 rounds.. Got through 3 full rounds and then everything through 200m of the run in that 4th round. It felt good. Left me VERY sweaty! It was a good workout and wore me out fairly well, but I also had my eye on the gym's workout of the day, so I cooled down for about 15 min, and then got after it! It was:

2 rounds
500 m row
25 thrusters (45#)
15 pull-ups


Some may recognize that as 'Jackie' broken in to 2 rounds.. Guess what. It's not really any easier broken in to 2 rounds. Slightly different, but still that sneaky burn.. But I feel like I played it about right, if not slightly conservative, given that I had just done a workout right before it.. I paced the row at about 2:05-ish/500m and was able to do the rest unbroken.. Felt pretty good.. Tired, but not puking, or anything.. So I think it went well. I finished in about 7:44..
Of coarse I had to do a couple muscle ups, for good measure.. I just did 10.. A set of 4, a set of 5, and then 1 more.. Oh, and I did the core work, too, which was 50 ab mats, 50 v-ups, and 50 row boats.. All in all, despite being unable to snatch over 90% of my max today.. It felt like a decent day of working out. Not 'bad', but here's hoping tomorrow is a little easier.. Quit trying to hold me down, there, atmosphere!.. I kid..

No comments:

Post a Comment