GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Mostly restful

With a pretty busy weekend ahead and a couple solid days of training this week, I was feeling good about having an 'active rest' day today. Since I'm on a crash coarse to improve my 5k run, I started off the day with some running..
400m easy warm up
4x100m sprint on the minute
4x400m run with 200m recovery jog

Each 100m sprint took me about :15-:17 and the 400's took 1:16-1:18, which was better than my last 4x400's, so I'll take it. It is far from magically making my 5k sub 20, but, hey.. I'm workin on it! After my sprints, I did some bench press. Since we started a new cycle, focusing more on snatch and clean and jerk and getting away from some of the basic strength stuff, like bench and Deadlifts, I talked with my coach about how he would suggest I continue to work those lifts.. He said we do a lot of DL work through the pulls in our lifts, but that it wouldn't hurt to do DL 1x a week and to do some bench sets on our active rest/recovery days..so I did DL earlier this week while working on a granite games workout and got my bench on today. I just did:
Bench
4x105, 4x125, 3(4x140)
Then, finally, the actual work for the day, which was a 3k row. This went a little slow today and took me 13:20 to complete it. I tried to keep my form and just row as well as I can.. Not sure if I'll ever really be 'good' at that darn thing..
But that was it for the day. There was a lot of things I could have/should have done around the house today, but Miles and I were feeling pretty lazy. We spend a lot of the week running around doing things, so I felt like it wouldn't be terrible for us to just take a day and chill. Mason has the whole 4 days off for the weekend and Grandma comes in town tomorrow. The boys will have a lot of fun visiting with grandma and grandpa Blunck and their Aunt Melissa this weekend.. Unfortunately I'll be in and out of the house for Friday, Saturday and Sunday..but Monday..for the main event! (Miles birthday) I get to spend time hangin with the fam and our little guy.. Who..at this moment, we hope.. Is settling in for his first nights sleep in his big bed! It wasn't looking too promising, there, at first.. He was having way too much fun enjoying his freedom to roam.. But maybe he's settled in? It's quiet up there, so we will see..

No comments:

Post a Comment