GLI comp 1/'14

GLI comp 1/'14

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Sleep walkin through Muscle Ups

Guys.. I'm SO tired!..says pretty much any person out there.. But I don't know what my problem is, I just cannot seem to un-tired myself. I have myself in a little cycle that I'm determined to fix tonight because another day of this.. Wake up kinda tired, but go to and get through early workout anyway.. Almost fall asleep driving home and then be a miserable, tired, grumpy, unproductive fool all morning until I can finally sleep a bit during Miles' nap.. rest like a champ and feel better in the afternoon, then stay up way too stupid late watching stupid TV..finally fall asleep..wake up.. Repeat. NO good! So tonight. Tonight, friends.. No stupid TV. Just early sleep. I need to get back on track with doing 2 workouts, which I took these 2 days off from that partially because of sleep, partially to rest a bit after the busy weekend, and partially to let my baby hands heal up from Monday.. So, anyway.. Here's to getting back on track tomorrow.
But for now.. Here's what was up for today..

5 sets of 2 bench press at 160#
10 EMOTM of 5 strict dips with a :05s descent..fun!
3 sets of Romanian Deadlift at 190#(100% clean max)/3 sets of 15 strict TTB's

'Muscle up biathlon' from the Games:

400m run
18 MU (any time you come off the rings, run 200n)
400 m run
15 MU (same deal with the penalty 200m lap)
400m run
12 MU (same 200m penalty lap)

Well.. I've hit kind of a wall with my sets of muscle ups and I really need to figure this out! I had been working on increasing the sets..first 3's, then 4's..now I need to get 5's consistently and that hasn't quite happened yet. I realize it's just the start of August, which I was increasing the reps in the sets each month.. I think I just need to get back to where I work on the MU sets at least 4 times a week. Between last week going a bit easier and now this week being so tired, I've gotten out of that habit just for a minute and I can definitely tell..so time to get back on track! So given that I had to get on the road to get home for Matt to go to work, I decided to put the time cap, which was used at the games (but not for the same reason, obviously!) of 17 minutes on the workout. I plugged away at the reps and runs until time was up. My sets were all in 4's and 3's, which is what I had been practicing, so no surprise there.. I guess I was just hoping the sets of 5 would just be waiting for me there? Like, you did your 4's last month..we're ready for 5's! But, no. I guess it's an improvement that I was able to maintain those sets of 3 and 4, but also made me realize I still have a lot of work to do. So I made it through the first round of 18 and then through 7 of the 15 MU in the next round. So all in all, I completed 25 MU and about a mile and a half run in the 17 minutes. Not gonna win me first prize at the games, but I guess that's where I am on that skill right now. Kind of bummed.. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, dang it! Work harder, I guess..
So that was that. Depending on how this afternoon feels and goes, I may go into the gym for something, but we will see. But first.. REST!

No comments:

Post a Comment